Need Some Help From My AZ Friends

Neal

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Hello my dear friends,

It's been awhile, but I'm still around and tortoises continue to dominate our backyard. Life is just way to busy these days to make time for an internet forum. Perhaps I can get back on here regularly soon. I've always got my phone on me, so please call me up to talk tortoises anytime! (480) five one zero - 7813.

I'm looking for some help. Good friends of ours were offered a young sulcata tortoise (about 12 inches) a few weeks ago. They did a lot of work to set up a pen, made plans for the future and getting everything else ready, but when the time came to get the tortoise they were told that it was given to someone else...big bummer.

They have kids the same age as ours, and this is a great opportunity to inspire some young minds and open them up to the wonderful world of tortoises. I'll make sure they get their tortoise fix one way or another, but I first wanted to start here to see if anyone had any spare sulcatas lying around. You know...since every adoption center is spilling over with sulcatas, I figured this would be an easy find. ;)

Even a Sonoran Desert Tortoise would be a good fit for them, before I refer them to the State to start that process, does anyone have a lead on one that would need a good home?

Qatie evans

Arizona
My mom was given 3 to give to my daughters. 2 are ours and the other is for my niecebut im the one doing the work and research to care for them. We are waiting for my to be available cause i have 3 girls and only 2 torts. So dilemma of who has who. I can let you know when some more are available i just dont know when.

melbelb

Phoenix, AZ

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I did mention the option of adopting a desert tortoises in the original post, but they had their heart set on a Sulcata, so I wanted to see what was out there first.

The post is a couple months old now, and the family was able to find a tortoise that was a good fit for them.