Need To Buy Lights

Scute Mob

Location (City and/or State)
Eastern CT
Hello!
I am looking for recommendations for lighting. I will be getting a redfoot hatchling. The enclosure will be a 40 Gallon tank.

I am wondering if anyone can recommend specific light brands/wattages and setup locations for the UVB, Basking, and CHE.

Thank you!

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
A Redfoot IMO wont need a basking bulb. Especially in a closed chamber.
I use an 18" florescent strip light fixture INSIDE the lid of my closed chamber with a "5.0" light tube. It is about 9" above the substrate.
My chamber never dropped lower than 77 degrees at night with the house A/C set on 72 degrees. I never used a CHE. Didn't need it. You may not, either.
If you require one, you'll likely have to cut out a circular hole in your closed chamber roof and place it there.

Scute Mob

Eastern CT
A Redfoot IMO wont need a basking bulb. Especially in a closed chamber.
I use an 18" florescent strip light fixture INSIDE the lid of my closed chamber with a "5.0" light tube. It is about 9" above the substrate.
My chamber never dropped lower than 77 degrees at night with the house A/C set on 72 degrees. I never used a CHE. Didn't need it. You may not, either.
If you require one, you'll likely have to cut out a circular hole in your closed chamber roof and place it there.

Thank you so much for your response! I've seen the controversy between the basking/non basking of redfoots. Thanks for adding the 5.0 description, I've been at a loss as to which strip light I would use. Being in CT, I will definitely need a CHE because we go through some LONG cold spells. Great idea with cutting a whole for the lamp. Thanks again!