Need to find good home for Sulcata!

Nelsamye

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Seattle, WA
Need to find a home for my young sulcata tortoise! I adopted him (or her, not sexed yet) in early 2014, I was told he was a year old, but I'm guessing they lied based on how small he was. So he is somewhere in the 3-4 year old age range.

The only reason I am rehoming is because I will be moving soon and do not have the space or time to care for him anymore. I am not asking for any rehoming fee, but I do want some assurances that you will be able to provide a good home for him.

Please tell me a bit about why you are interested in a sulcata and that you know how much care and space they require. This would NOT be a good pet for a child!

I do have a few supplies that could go with him, and a mostly full bucket of supplemental grass pellets. I do not have an enclosure that could go with him, what I use now is built in to my current home, not a standalone structure. And it is just about too small for him anyhow. I have a half log, water dish, food dish, and a few lights/ceramic heat fixtures. Also one full unopened bag of bark/bedding.

I have not been able to care for him as much as I would have liked, and the person I got him from clearly did not give him any care. He does have some pyramiding and is a bit small for his age.

I am located in Seattle, WA - am willing to drive up to 100 miles to meet someone.

Please let me know if you have any questions! I want to find the right person to give him a forever home.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I think he was being facetious because Mike doesn't have his location showing for us all to see (under his name)

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I think he was being facetious because Mike doesn't have his location showing for us all to see (under his name)
I would but the app didn't ask when I signed up years ago .

Ghazan

5 Year Member
If you are willing to overnight ship him (I'll pay), Ill gladly care for him. In los angeles, have a 1500 square foot wooden enclosure. Send me PM and I can provide more details.

the Turtle Shepherd

nowhere
did you place an ad on craigslist? there are many people in your area no doubt that could give him a nice home, though with how big he will get I would look into adopting him into southern states so that he is not too big to ship before then :) i am thinking a warm thought for you :)

Bambam1989

East Texas
I live in Western Washington and have been planning on adopting a sulcata. I would love to accept him if you have not found a home yet. Have 3 acres of land.