Need to find my salcata a new home- centeral valley ca

Yuum_yumm

5 Year Member
Hello everyone :cool:
My name is Amani. I am a college student and will be traveling abroad soon for 2 years. Therefore, I need to find my African Salcata a new home. She is a very healthy 8 years old tortise , 10 inches wide and 13 1/2 inches long. I've had her for 8 years and hate that I have to give her up, but it's the responsible thing to do. I prefer to find someone that have tortoise experience and can provide an outdoor enclosure. She also gets along with other tortoises very well... She super social and nosey lol. I am located in Stockton, Ca. If you have any question please feel free to ask.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!

There is a lady in Patterson who is bringing me her sulcata a week from tomorrow. If you want to drive your tortoise to Patterson, maybe she'll bring me yours too.

I do tortoise adoptions. I keep the tortoise a week or two to be sure it eats well and is healthy, then I place it in a forever home. I do yard inspections to be sure that the adoptor's home is suitable for the type of tortoise they are adopting. And while we're walking around, looking at the yard, I'm getting a feel for the person and whether they really understand what they're getting into. On the inspection, I look for sturdy fencing, no built-in pool, no dog, lots of shade/hiding places, a nice tortoise house in the shade, a feeding place and a waterer.

If this sounds good to you, you can call me at 559 298-7114 and we can talk about arrangements.

Jlant85

5 Year Member
California
Yo! Im in san francisco so i cant keep a sulcata sadly. but i do know somebody who can! he lives in sacramento and i know him personally. He breeds ibera greeks... If you want i can bring him to friend? he has a huge back yard and has 2 100+ pound sulcatas of his own... big space to roam around and beautiful grasses and weeds for him to graze on... I wish i can keep him but like i said... DAMN YOU SAN FRANCISCO WEATHER!

ill PM you my number...

Janine2566

5 Year Member
Southern CA
We have a nice yard with separate areas -- we have russians in one, A CA desert tort in another and a big section of yard already to adopt a sulcata --we also have a pond area at the side of the house for turtles that need a forever home. we are in Southern CA in the Inland Empire so have perfect weather for tortoises would love to have her

Linz2491

10 Year Member!
Hi
I am new to tortoise but am in Elk Grove about 35 min from you. I already have an 25 x 60 ish outdoor enclosure and am willing to do whatever I have to give him whatever he needs. We are on 8 acres and I stay at home and homeschool my kids so they get a lot of attention.

RuthJanice

5 Year Member
Southern Calif
Janine2566 said:
Janine: I sent you a PM.

We have a nice yard with separate areas -- we have russians in one, A CA desert tort in another and a big section of yard already to adopt a sulcata --we also have a pond area at the side of the house for turtles that need a forever home. we are in Southern CA in the Inland Empire so have perfect weather for tortoises would love to have her