Need to give up adult male Redfoot in NJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nido

5 Year Member
It sucks, but I just don't have the room for him anymore. He's had annual vet visits, is healthy and alert, and is not shy around people. Here is a video of him climbing my lawn chair to get his head rubbed:
I can offer this enclosure: http://turtletowns.com/wp/products-page/waterland-tubs-waterland-tubs/small-water-enclosure with him, but it's not large enough, he constantly tries to escape.

Hopefully someone here can offer him the space he needs to be happy and plenty of head rubs!

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jordan
That's such a cute little tort - too bad that you've decided to give it away. Is there now way whatsoever for a larger enclosure?

Nido

5 Year Member
Thanks for your reply rebeccalynn, I believe I may have found someone who may be able to take him in to the local zoo. I will let you know if not right away, thank you for your interest.

rebeccalynn1208

Thanks for your reply rebeccalynn, I believe I may have found someone who may be able to take him in to the local zoo. I will let you know if not right away, thank you for your interest.

Not a problem. Just let me know, I'd love to add a male to my herd!

Nido

5 Year Member
I appreciate the concerns. So far it's undecided if he will actually be a part of the zoo. The guy taking him works with the reptiles (but is not in charge and cannot make the call) and if they decide they can't have him at the zoo, he has a basement dedicated to his personal reptiles and has plenty of room. Should they actually bring him into the zoo, he will be used in some of their educational exhibits where he'll continue getting attention. I'm also hoping that maybe this will work out in a way that I might be able to visit him sometimes :(

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
that stinks I hope you find a good home for the guy.

TMartin510

Fremont, California
I have a very nice sized yard maybe about 50-75 yards that I have fenced off for there home currently, I have a small group of females that would make your tort very very happy. They have each of there own things, houses to get away from eachother if that's what they want and there own Waterbowls, but mine are so friendly they just chill and roam, I can pet them on the head aswell just like yours which is amazing in my opinion, so if you can Ship I'd very interested in giving him a good home with tons of space to roam and graze, with his very own lady torts. I can cover the best shipping possible. I'll make sure he gets all the attention and care he wants and needs.

Half the yard gets nice and shady cause of a huge tree, and the other half is like a nice warm basking area they like to chill in. Let me know and we can talk about it.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Anything new as far as your tort is concerned?

Status
Not open for further replies.