Need to know what I can feed my Egyptian to Intice it to eat

Randy Micheals

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
British columbia
Hi! Nice to meet you

I understand that feeling! I've been there recently. The first step to proper eating is to ensure the living conditions are optimal. There are care guides to help you with that here on TFO, that will be a great help.

More details will help others give you more specific advice:
-What are the temps in the enclosure? Including basking area, cool end, warm end, hide.
-types of lighting and or heat in enclosure.
-size and type of enclosure. You mentioned a concrete tub of some kind in your other post, can you be more specific? Pics would help.
-diet?
-are you soaking?
-has the tort been active?
Other details that may be helpful. I always put a ton of info in my posts in hope that it connects the dots

Are you sure your tort is an Egyptian? They are quite rare and are endangered from what I understand. Is there a chance it could be a Greek, which can also be from North Africa, and is much more common in the pet trade?

Kingsport tn
Hi! Nice to meet you

I understand that feeling! I've been there recently. The first step to proper eating is to ensure the living conditions are optimal. There are care guides to help you with that here on TFO, that will be a great help.

More details will help others give you more specific advice:
-What are the temps in the enclosure? Including basking area, cool end, warm end, hide.
-types of lighting and or heat in enclosure.
-size and type of enclosure. You mentioned a concrete tub of some kind in your other post, can you be more specific? Pics would help.
-diet?
-are you soaking?
-has the tort been active?
Other details that may be helpful. I always put a ton of info in my posts in hope that it connects the dots

Are you sure your tort is an Egyptian? They are quite rare and are endangered from what I understand. Is there a chance it could be a Greek, which can also be from North Africa, and is much more common in the pet trade?
Nice to meet up as well ,

Attachments

• F9BFBF25-520E-4063-8F0A-239D10AC476E.png
    F9BFBF25-520E-4063-8F0A-239D10AC476E.png
    9.2 MB · Views: 17

Randy Micheals

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
British columbia
Wow hes pretty little! So he is an Egyptian, huh...hoping he wasnt wc. I dont/havnt raised hatchlings, and I believe it's better to give no info rather than bad info, so I cant say much. Others here are better informed in that regard and so I'm going to leave it to them.

I do know that babies need quite a bit of humidity and should be soaked often, which in my tortoise at least, helps to stimulate him to eat, so this should be doubly helpful.

Is is a beauty tho! Best of luck.

Kingsport tn
Yes I’ve been super busy had to make a vet trip and they gave me antibiotic injections and he or she seems to be doing a lot better now , he or she eats all the time and still gets a Sam every day or two .... I can’t get him or her to eat any plants just the Mazuri small tort ls , have tried plankton,dandelion greens , mixed arugula and nothing wont even sniff it ... my temps and humidity is right on with what the breeder says I should be but can’t seem to find what he or she likes in the veggie department , now my mazuri is backordered and need an alternative to it that is as good or at least comparable to it ! Have since changed to an enclosure got a fogged on it for 2 hours a day and she or he seems very happy eats everyday , but still sleeps a lot not much movement