Need to know what kind this tortoise is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

manebarnbrat67

Hi, I recently got a new little tortoise from a guy who wanted him to be able to have a backyard to live in instead of a tank. He found it and lived in a apartment. I have a salacata I have had since it was 6 months (is now 14) and so I was thrilled to have it. But I have not been able to decide what it is. Eats lettuce and grapes fine, picks at watermelon and squash and the grass. I want to make sure I provide it with the proper diet and habitat. It is about 4.5inches Don't think it will get any bigger. Here are Boxy's pics
Thanks Jeana

B

Bansh88

If you can't get the pictures top upload, give a good description. Otherwise, look at pics ont he net to figure out what he is

M

manebarnbrat67

Thanks! I could not get the picks to load BUT I did finally find a pick online and it is a golden foot tortoise! And now I know what to feed it!
Thanks Any how!

Iluvemturts

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
South Central WI
Sounds like you might have a 3 toe box turtle instead of a tort. Golden foot aka yellow foot get huge...like over 12 inches SCL

Still try to get pics up if you can or PM me them and I'll try to get them up. ;)

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
I agree with Tracy, It sounds more like a box turtle then a tortoise. I would really try to get the pics up or PM them to Tracey or last you can email them to me and I will put them on.

Does your tort or turt look like this??
Shilo
CIMG0391.jpg

or this

Patches my big mama!!
Picture044.jpg

Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.