Need to re-home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angi

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
La Mesa, CA.
Need to re-home 13 year old male human. Okay I am just kidding, but......my yard is full of plastic BBs so the torts have to stay in their pen until they are all picked up and I am NOT happy with the kid. Grrrrr.......my mom told him "shoot in the front yard not the back". So finding that the back yard and the pool(seperate yard torts can't get near it) is full of BBs really pissed me off. Well the boy has a lot of work to do or he will lose his phone.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I would take him. My last human slave... ummm I mean my last child grew up and went off to college so I could use some new manual labor person to fill his place. :D

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Good for you. 13 year old of any sex need to learn to listen. Removing his phone is a threat that any teenager would consider to be detrimental to his health. Good job mom.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Teenagers, boys specially, just don't hear what you want them to. But boy, if you don't want them to hear ya, they hear it all. Hold strong, they can wear you down fast. You have the TFO team to ack you up. That should scare him straight:D

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Take his phone today and explain that as soon as the tortoise area is BB-free he can have it back, as soon as it passes your inspection.

Be VERY clear on this last point, and it'll take him an amazingly short time to earn his phone back.

Expect to hear some ugly words muttered under his breath, but he'll get a lesson in how actions have consequences...and he'll have saved a bunch of $$$ on new BBs.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Terry Allan Hall said:
Take his phone today and explain that as soon as the tortoise area is BB-free he can have it back, as soon as it passes your inspection.

Be VERY clear on this last point, and it'll take him an amazingly short time to earn his phone back.

i like this parenting! ;)

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Team Gomberg said:
Terry Allan Hall said:

i like this parenting! ;)

My kids didn't use to, but the oldest son married a gal with twin 7-yos, and now he understands why I raised him, his little brother, and his sister this way.

It's all good. :cool:

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
I am going to have my husband take the phone AND the guns tonight if it is not done. I will need the back-up on this.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Id be beyond pissed if it were me! Kids now a days don't listen for sh*t, and yes I have a 12 yearold daughter. Plus I must be an old hard *ss cause I won't give her a phone. I just don't see the need, I never needed a phone when I was a kid. Guess I am just old school, or dumb/mean father. All I know is I pay 125 a month for 2 phones and I am not interested in having a higher bill. :p

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
I have a thirteen year old humanoid too but it is female. I take the phone and iPad often. I also threaten to discontinue the data plan which would force her to use it to call people, and that scares her straight pretty quick! Another idea is why not buy him an airsoft gun and have him only use the biodegradable ammo??

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
@ Erin-It is an airsoft gun, but I have not heard of biodegradable ammo. I will google it.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Angi said:
@ Erin-It is an airsoft gun, but I have not heard of biodegradable ammo. I will google it.

They have it at Walmart here the colored pellets stain the grass for awhile tho :(.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
My only fear about the pellets is the torts eatting them.

Status
Not open for further replies.