Need to rehome juvenile Testudo Tortoise

Hamatolevi

Location (City and/or State)
Adkins, TX
I need to rehome a Testudo Tortoise that I took for a friend. He had the tortoise for about 3 years before he moved away and could no longer care for it. I took it in but have quickly realized that I don’t have the time nor the qualifications to properly care for him. I want to find him a home with someone experienced that could care for him the way he deserves. I live in Adkins, TX, though I would be up to meeting up somewhere if needed. He was given to me with a cage, a large watering dish, a food dish, and both a heat and UVB light and a hide. I am rehoming him for free, I just want him to be properly cared for. If interested, please message me.

Last edited:

callixto

wpg
has he been adopted? My man will be in texas at the end of january! If still available

LaLaP

5 Year Member
Portland, OR
Sometimes it's better to ask for some money for a tortoise. The problem with giving them to a stranger for free is that there are some seedy characters who look for free animals that can be sold. They don't necessarily care where they end up or what the care is like. Please ensure that the tortoise you are entrusted with ends up in a good home with proper care. You haven't even listed this torts species or a photo... I'm not criticizing you (you're just helping a friend) I'm just wondering why someone would be so anxious to get a free tortoise of unknown spiecies.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
As stated, be causes of new members that join just to respond to free tortoise threads. A lot of them are flippers and just want a free tortoise to sell. Long time active members are your better picks.

callixto

wpg
Actually I am trying to adopt an older tort. But around me there is on babies. Id rather give a forever home to something that lives long and people can not always take care of. Ive always wanted a tort. But there are only certian ones you can have in wpg since we have crappy laws on anything big. Ive been contacting reptiles stores, rescues ect to try and find an older tort that needs a home.