Need Urgent Help, New RedFoot Tortoise Act Weird and Not Eating

iTorto

Location (City and/or State)
Indonesia
Hello, i am a noob at tortoise world and this is my first tortoise that i got at 24 July 2018, i never owned any tortoise before

I have a problem with my redfoot tortoise, hes still a baby

I received the tortoise at 24 january 2018, i soak it right after i unbox the package..

Then i put him on my enclosure.... i use substrate which is Soil from my garden (free of pesticide) and a layer of coconut fiber. i dont use heating lamps because where i live the temperature is 26-35 degree celcius all year long, and the breeder that i got it from also told me not to use lamp on the enclosure, humidity is also pretty high here, so with some spraying im able to keep it mostly 80-90% all the time

Theres a water dish and also a cuttle bone, and a rock slate to feed him, also some natural plants...

Since i put him on this enclosure he seems a little shy, i gave him fumak vegetable but he dont want to eat them, so i gave him some strowberries and he eats it only a little.. i think this is a normal behaviour for a new tortoise

but he make frequent clicking noise, like if a machine lacks an oil or something, i don't know it was normal or not but i checked my brother's tortoise (he also bought one a small cherry head) and his tortoise doesent make this clicking sound so i started to be a little worry...

he just sits at the corner under a plant and rarely move, but the time it moves i can see that hes walking is still normal...sometimes he explore or climb his hide but most of the time hes just in a corner under a plant

So the next day at 25 january 2018 i soaked him with warm water at 8am in the morning and bring him outside in the sun.. he eats a little grass on the garden but still walks normally...

then i tried fed him again with fumak vegetablel and he still doesent want to eat, so i tried gave him papaya and he eat it but just one bite and then he left it...

The next day from 25 january 2018 to 26 january 2018 i keep routine soaking him warm water and also maintaning the humidity on his enclosure, he still same behaviour since arriving, lots of clicking noises and mostly just goes to corner and hide under a plant, during this 2 days period he is not eating, just a bite of grass on the garden but other then that he wont eat anything...

at 27 january morning i gave him some pellets called Repcal and he eats it just a little bit, a few bites

during this time i notice that something is definately wrong, hes not walking normaly, you can see the video at this link

i think he needs more space or something so i buy a tortoise table which is bigger then the prevuious plastic container, i use substrate coco husk fiber and keep humidity at arround 80 with temps 26 - 32 degress all the time.. when i put him there he explored for a bit and then just stays at the hide

he also still makes that clicking sound...i kept try feeding him that day but he just wont eat.

Next day at january 28, i still soak him but he still refuses to eat, and still walks weirdly

so at 29 january 2018 contacted the guy i bought it from and send the video of him walking, he said thats the tortoise was dehydrated, so i was told to soak him in a Pocari Sweat drink (some kind of isotonic sport drink). so i bought the pocari sweat and soak the tortoise in it for 30 minutes,

Until now it has no effect on him and he still wont eat anything, and now hes walking even worse, now his head is on the ground when walking its like dragging his head on the ground...

I was told by the seller to soak it and put it under sun in the morning and add some shade, i will try that in the morning..

what do you guys think has happened on my tortoise ?

thanks before guys...

307.jpg 306.jpg

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
There is definitely something wrong with your tortoise in the vid he needs to be taken to a vet ASAP!

iTorto

Indonesia
I completely agree something is quite wrong with your tortoise. It needs a vet ASAP. Did it walk like this when you first got it? Where did you get it from?

i got it from a tortoise seller at facebook marketplace and he didnt walked like this when it first came, it started on the 3rd day.

the shy eating (only a bite or two) and the clicking sound has been there since it ariived

iTorto

Indonesia
Do you have a uvb light? Is it’s shell soft? Does it drag its legs?

the shells are hard, i don't have uvb but he gets 10 hours of natural sunlight a day because i put him on the balcony during the day

and i dont use a uvb light

the weird dragigng walking is in the last 3 days

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
the shells are hard, i don't have uvb but he gets 10 hours of natural sunlight a day because i put him on the balcony during the day

and i dont use a uvb light

the weird dragigng walking is in the last 3 days

Could you tell us who the breeder is?

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
I can tell you by the video something is terribly wrong with your tortoise and there's nothing anybody here is going to be able to do. If you can find a vet in your area that sees exotics he needs to be taken asap.

daniellenc

Maryland
He has a neurological disorder and if he isn't eating and gaining weight is probably suffering. It could be genetic or from injury who knows but most animals like this are put down humanely to prevent suffering.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Any noises are not normal and are likely some sort of stress or illness.
I'm not able to see the videos right now.
Young tortoises are a little fragile and once a serious illness becomes apparent the illness is often critical.
You DO need a professional to look at your animal. It could die while we all try to speculate about what to do. We all want to help. But without being there, everything would be a guess at best.
Guessing that the squeaking noises and the lethargy are related, I would guess right now that it has a very bad respiratory infection.(if I were guessing)

iTorto

Indonesia
Any noises are not normal and are likely some sort of stress or illness.
I'm not able to see the videos right now.
Young tortoises are a little fragile and once a serious illness becomes apparent the illness is often critical.
You DO need a professional to look at your animal. It could die while we all try to speculate about what to do. We all want to help. But without being there, everything would be a guess at best.
Guessing that the squeaking noises and the lethargy are related, I would guess right now that it has a very bad respiratory infection.(if I were guessing)

Whats first aid u reccomend for this time before i can find a vet?

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Keep him warm.
But not too hot.
No more than 31 degrees Celcius. (82 to 88 f.)
Keep him hydrated with warm water only soaks.
Keep offering food. Anything he will eat.
Find a vet ASAP that actually knows tortoises. Most of them don't. Even a lot of them that say that they do.
These are just what I would do. I'm no animal doctor. I would've already taken him to a vet.

daniellenc

Maryland
Keep him warm.
But not too hot.
No more than 31 degrees Celcius. (82 to 88 f.)
Keep him hydrated with warm water only soaks.
Keep offering food. Anything he will eat.
Find a vet ASAP that actually knows tortoises. Most of them don't. Even a lot of them that say that they do.
These are just what I would do. I'm no animal doctor. I would've already taken him to a vet.
In Indonesia I hear there really is very little vet access for reptiles and clicking since January would indicate an infection that would have probably killed him by now. When you can see the videos you'll see there is something clearly wrong with him neurologically possibly from infection?

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
In Indonesia I hear there really is very little vet access for reptiles and clicking since January would indicate an infection that would have probably killed him by now. When you can see the videos you'll see there is something clearly wrong with him neurologically possibly from infection?
I think OP meant to write June 2018
Op says he got tortoise on July 24 2018, we are still in June.

iTorto

Indonesia
I think OP meant to write June 2018
Op says he got tortoise on July 24 2018, we are still in June.

Sorry, i mean june not january the autocorrect messed up, how do i edit my post ?

yes its kinda hard to find a reptile doctor here im still searching

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Sorry, i mean june not january the autocorrect messed up, how do i edit my post ?

yes its kinda hard to find a reptile doctor here im still searching
Sorry your having to deal with this. He does not look good. Gluck