Nesting Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rover15

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
ontario canada
I'm looking for some help on coming up with a nesting site/box i've had someone contact me with their slider i believe yellow bellied and feels that she (just over 3 years old) is gravid, she doesn't have the room or knowledge to try and provide a proper nesting area nor incubate eggs, she will be bringing her over later tonight and i will house and if lucky help this turtle lay some eggs.

right now as a quick throw together i have a rubber made bucket with coco fiber i had a huge brick it is about 8 inches deep and 18"long 12" wide and 14" high

will the coco fiber alone be good enough for her to lay her eggs in?

will i need to mix in something else??

i'm not 100% sure if i'm going to incubate the eggs or discard them, i would like to incubate just to see how it goes and for the experience. so any help with what to do after the eggs are laid would be great as well.

my current plans are to have the turtle spend 4-5 hours a day in the coco fiber, (i'll try different times during the day throughout the week) after i remove her i will check for eggs. i have cuttle bone in a tank to help with calcium i feed a mix of Mazuri turtle pellets, nutrafin basix pellets, rosey Minos (normally toss a dozen or two in the tank till they are all gone) i feed water cress, romaine lettuces, and iceburge lettuces to the turtles i currently own.

any and all help would be great thank you in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.