New 3x3x3 Leopard Enclosure!

mikeylazer

5 Year Member
Hey everyone,

So I wanted to share my new enclosure that I built for my soon-to-come leopard tortoise that I purchased from @diamondbp that will be arriving sometime this week or next (depending when I get the temps and timers situated properly.

Materials:

1 - 3x3x3 mini greenhouse from Amazon: $35

2 - 1x6x8 pine boards from Home Depot: $20

1 - 4x4 plywood piece from Home Depot: $10

1 - Plastic Drop Cloth from Home Depot: $3

Misc - 6 (only needed 4) bricks of cocoa coir, 1 small and 1 large planting saucer, sphagnum moss: -$25/$30

1 - Old plastic bin (for humid hide): FREE

Lights, lamps, thermometers: $100

TOTAL: $168 (NOT BAD AT ALL!!!)

So I am not going to go into to much detail with this, so if you have any questions on EXACTLY how to build a certain thing let me know!

- Basicaly i cut the 2 1x6x8s into equal lengths for the sides/front/back as the walls (measurements here are tricky so if you need exact lengths let me know)

- I then cut the 4x4 plywood into a little larger then a 3x3 piece and screwed it into the bottom.

- Next I folded the drop cloth in half, stapled gunned it along the top edges of the walls, and made sure that it wasnt to tight on the inside corners so that the cocoa fiber could go in without warping or molding the wood on the inside.

- The next step I took was to build the greenhouse and make sure it fits inside.

- Finally hang the lights, add thermometers and humid hides, food and water bowls, and you are good to go!

IMG_1067.jpgIMG_1070.jpgIMG_1068.jpgIMG_1069.jpg

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
Hey everyone,

So I wanted to share my new enclosure that I built for my soon-to-come leopard tortoise that I purchased from @diamondbp that will be arriving sometime this week or next (depending when I get the temps and timers situated properly.

Materials:

1 - 3x3x3 mini greenhouse from Amazon: $35

2 - 1x6x8 pine boards from Home Depot: $20

1 - 4x4 plywood piece from Home Depot: $10

1 - Plastic Drop Cloth from Home Depot: $3

Misc - 6 (only needed 4) bricks of cocoa coir, 1 small and 1 large planting saucer, sphagnum moss: -$25/$30

1 - Old plastic bin (for humid hide): FREE

Lights, lamps, thermometers: $100

TOTAL: $168 (NOT BAD AT ALL!!!)

So I am not going to go into to much detail with this, so if you have any questions on EXACTLY how to build a certain thing let me know!

- Basicaly i cut the 2 1x6x8s into equal lengths for the sides/front/back as the walls (measurements here are tricky so if you need exact lengths let me know)

- I then cut the 4x4 plywood into a little larger then a 3x3 piece and screwed it into the bottom.

- Next I folded the drop cloth in half, stapled gunned it along the top edges of the walls, and made sure that it wasnt to tight on the inside corners so that the cocoa fiber could go in without warping or molding the wood on the inside.

- The next step I took was to build the greenhouse and make sure it fits inside.

- Finally hang the lights, add thermometers and humid hides, food and water bowls, and you are good to go!

View attachment 238476View attachment 238477View attachment 238478View attachment 238479
Very nice. Are you going to put some more plants in there?