New additions from Daytona :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpeck425

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
Well, I tried. I tried as hard as I could to come home from the Daytona Breeders Expo with no new additions. I made it all the way thru Sunday afternoon. It was in the final few hours of the show, those dark evil hours that tempt and call you like sirens calling ships to the rocks! It's really not my fault, you know...really!

I already have 2.1 Marginateds and never seem to see females for sale. One of the vendors offered me hatchling marginateds for $50 ea and I simply could not refuse. You understand don't you? So I purchased 4 of them. Hopefully, at least one of these will turn out to be female. Keep your fingers crossed :) I'll have some new pics soon.

Jeff

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
RE: New additions from Daytona

We understand addiction. ;)

We have that problem too.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
NO, NO, NO, Me, me it should have been ME. (composing myself) Yep we understand. I would not have passed them up either.
Oh, no and the Anahiem show is only two Saturdays away. Now you got me started. I'll have to just try and keep my head on straight and not go crazy at the show (Yes now you know how I got the name Crazy1).
I am looking forward to seeing pics of your new additions. Congratulations.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
:D I think something is in the air. :D I am sitting here typing replies to posts, trying to keep myself from going back to the store and picking up the adorable Greek that is calling my name. :D :D

Redfootedboxturtles

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
jpeck425 can you give him my email adress if he wants to sell any more for 50 bucks I would also buy some

KQ6AR

10 Year Member!
Concord, CA
Nice score,
I've been raising up 5 babies I got from Richard Fife about 6 years ago. Its looking like they will all be female.
Here's his website in you're looking for any more http://ivorytortoise.com/

jpeck425

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Michigan
RE: New additions from Daytona

Tim/Robin said:
We understand addiction. ;)

We have that problem too.

I know it looks crazy after what I just wrote, but I noticed you have Egyptians. I've always really liked them, but have been afraid to try them. There were some really nice ones at Daytona. Have you found them to be hardy?

Still feeding the addiction
Jeff :)

jpeck425

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Michigan
Crazy1 said:
NO, NO, NO, Me, me it should have been ME. (composing myself) Yep we understand. I would not have passed them up either.
Oh, no and the Anahiem show is only two Saturdays away. Now you got me started. I'll have to just try and keep my head on straight and not go crazy at the show (Yes now you know how I got the name Crazy1).
I am looking forward to seeing pics of your new additions. Congratulations.

I'll stand by you, Robyn! Now you clean out that savings account and go get them tortoises! :) Anything particular that you would want?

Jeff

jpeck425

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Michigan
Jacqui said:
:D I think something is in the air. :D I am sitting here typing replies to posts, trying to keep myself from going back to the store and picking up the adorable Greek that is calling my name. :D :D

Well... it does say tortoise addict under your name :) How much space could just one more take-up? Lol!

Jeff

jpeck425

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Michigan
Redfootedboxturtles said:
jpeck425 can you give him my email adress if he wants to sell any more for 50 bucks I would also buy some

I never picked-up any of his cards, sorry. It all happened kind of quickly. Now that I know you are interested, I'll keep my eyes open for more deals. Is it just marginateds you are looking for?

Jeff

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
:D The problem is, it's never just one more. :D When it's a new type, then you always need to get at least two more to make a nice breeding group....lol.

jpeck425

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Michigan
KQ6AR said:
Nice score,
I've been raising up 5 babies I got from Richard Fife about 6 years ago. Its looking like they will all be female.
Here's his website in you're looking for any more http://ivorytortoise.com/

Thanks Dan,
I met Richard and his brother at last year's expo. I didn't see either of them attending this year. They breed some nice animals. 30+ Russians! Are you breeding them? I was amazed at the difference in price on Russian hatchlings from 07-08. They went from $50 to $135.00, I'm not sure I understand why.

Jeff

jpeck425

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Michigan
Jacqui said:
:D The problem is, it's never just one more. :D When it's a new type, then you always need to get at least two more to make a nice breeding group....lol.

So it's decided then, 3 it is! I'm so happy for you! :)

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
jpeck425 said:
Jacqui said:

:D Your my kind of thinker, but then I already knew that since you have hingebacks. :D Actually I have to confess, before we left town, my husband did go and get the Greek for an early birthday gift. He said I can't have it til Monday, but meantime I have to feed and cleanup after it. :D Guess I'll have to get pictures taken so maybe Dany will be nice enough to tell me exactly what he thinks I have....and then keep his eyes open for a couple more....:D

sushisurf13

10 Year Member!
Huntington Beach, CA
congrats on the Marginateds. I love these guys. I currently have two youngsters and I really like to hear other people have interest in them as well.

jpeck425

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Michigan
Jacqui said:
jpeck425 said:
Jacqui said:

:D Your my kind of thinker, but then I already knew that since you have hingebacks. :D Actually I have to confess, before we left town, my husband did go and get the Greek for an early birthday gift. He said I can't have it til Monday, but meantime I have to feed and cleanup after it. :D Guess I'll have to get pictures taken so maybe Dany will be nice enough to tell me exactly what he thinks I have....and then keep his eyes open for a couple more....:D

Well congrats on the new family member AND Happy (upcoming) Birthday!!!

jpeck425

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Michigan
sushisurf13 said:
congrats on the Marginateds. I love these guys. I currently have two youngsters and I really like to hear other people have interest in them as well.

Thanks Eric, they really are neat little guys! I'm looking forward to watching them grow :)

Be well
Jeff

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Glad you found some tortoises you couldn't live without. :D I looked at a few Marginateds and none that I looked at looked like they were going to be females, so I passed on them this year. I hope you'll have some luck and get a few. :D
I came home with 1 less than you did Jeff, only 6. :D 4 T.g.ibera, 1 T.g.cyreniaca(Libyan greek) and 1 T.kleinmanni(Egyptian) all hatchlings and the Egyptian is an F2 from a friend to go with my F2's.
I actually sold more than I came home with though. :D which was good.
The only tortoises I wished I came home with were the Bowsprits, but I just couldn't swing $3,000 for a reverse trio. :( Oh well.

Danny

jpeck425

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Michigan
egyptiandan said:
Glad you found some tortoises you couldn't live without. :D I looked at a few Marginateds and none that I looked at looked like they were going to be females, so I passed on them this year. I hope you'll have some luck and get a few. :D
I came home with 1 less than you did Jeff, only 6. :D 4 T.g.ibera, 1 T.g.cyreniaca(Libyan greek) and 1 T.kleinmanni(Egyptian) all hatchlings and the Egyptian is an F2 from a friend to go with my F2's.
I actually sold more than I came home with though. :D which was good.
The only tortoises I wished I came home with were the Bowsprits, but I just couldn't swing $3,000 for a reverse trio. :( Oh well.

Danny
Hey Danny,

It sounds like you did pretty well too :)

I wish I had known you were there too, I would have enjoyed meeting you. I was working the Exo-Terra booth all weekend. I did manage to get out and sweep the show a few times. I wanted to attend some of the seminars Friday night, but I had been invited out to dinner and forgot about them. I heard they were really good. I wish they sold DVDs of the seminars or made printed copies availible.

I saw the Browspits, they were really nice. I would really like to give Stars a try this next year.

Be well
Jeff

tasena

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I am feeling the itch myself:D I am going to my first expo in Oct. Cant wait my check book is already heating up;)

Status
Not open for further replies.