New and excited to be here

Viola B

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Greetings One and All,
I am on my tortoise journey. I have been researching about Russian tortoises and others. This site seems to have so much helpful information. I want to start out right and learn from you all. I am from eastern Idaho. I have always been fascinated with tortoises. They are beatuiful!

TriciaStringer

5 Year Member
Louisiana
Welcome! You will get great info here. We will want to see a picture when you get your tortoise.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Hi! Welcome to TFO!
One of the first things to consider is where you are planning to get your tortoise, especially if you want a hatchling. How the babies are started can mean the difference between life and death.
Please ask the members here for suggestions for breeders, no matter which kind of tort you decide upon. Many of the members have babies for sale, and you can be assured they have been "started right".
It is so good that you came here BEFORE getting your new friend. We all want to see you both get off on the right foot.

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas

Viola B

5 Year Member
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Hi! Welcome to TFO!
One of the first things to consider is where you are planning to get your tortoise, especially if you want a hatchling. How the babies are started can mean the difference between life and death.
Please ask the members here for suggestions for breeders, no matter which kind of tort you decide upon. Many of the members have babies for sale, and you can be assured they have been "started right".
It is so good that you came here BEFORE getting your new friend. We all want to see you both get off on the right foot.
Thank you. I am building a habitat now and am trying to learn what will be the best for tortoise. I do indeed, want to get a baby Russian tortoise from a good breeder . How do I go about doing that? This site is great and I am so glad I joined.

daniellenc

Maryland
Thank you. I am building a habitat now and am trying to learn what will be the best for tortoise. I do indeed, want to get a baby Russian tortoise from a good breeder . How do I go about doing that? This site is great and I am so glad I joined.
There is a sub forum on here with reviews for breeders. I’d check there first.

Viola B

5 Year Member
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Hi! Welcome to TFO!

Viola B

5 Year Member
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Thank you. I do want to start out right. Where does one find good breeders for a Russian tortoise?

Viola B

5 Year Member
Idaho Falls, Idaho

Viola B

5 Year Member
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Welcome to the Forum.
I am hearing wonderful things about your Russian torts. I really would like to buy one from you. I am not so good at this computer stuff and not sure how to contact you. Thank you. I live in eastern Idaho where the winters are long and cold, but the summers are wonderful with long days.

Carol S

10 Year Member!
Alta Loma, CA
I am hearing wonderful things about your Russian torts. I really would like to buy one from you. I am not so good at this computer stuff and not sure how to contact you. Thank you. I live in eastern Idaho where the winters are long and cold, but the summers are wonderful with long days.

I started a private conversation with you. Look in your inbox which is at the upper right hand side of your screen between your user name and alerts.