Kbeth

Location (City and/or State)
Florida
Hi all! I have two rule-breaking turtles. A red eared slider and I believe a yellow bellied slider. My son... or I, really, was given them by a teacher right before moving to FL (essentially, she brought over her three turtles from her classroom, right before school let out as a "going away present" for my then 3 year old).
Obviously, you can't keep 2 turtles together... let alone 3. Our local pet store was able to take the smallest, as they were at max capacity. Since moving to FL I have not been able to rehome either of the other two.
They're happy and healthy as far as this novice can tell. But we are getting ready to move to TN where I hear it is illegal to own turtles. Not to mention these guys need a big tank, and to be separated.
Neither of which I can provide at the moment or foreseeable future. My family and I ADORE our turtles. They're very affectionate, fun, play hide and seek and chase in the tanks. I just don't see how keeping both is healthy or safe for anyone.
What do you recommend? Or is there anyone in northwest FL (panhandle) who would like a turtle buddy and can help me sex these guys? Thanks so much for reading my blabbering! (Maybe blubbering if we really cant keep either of them)

Attachments

• 15999184588733227097432034848526.jpg
    15999184588733227097432034848526.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 16

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
You're getting quite a bit of rain over there this week! I live east of the capital city. Welcome to the Forum!

Have you found the water turtles section of the forum yet? If you'll start a new thread there and post pictures of your turtles, you'll get more responses. We have a good bit of expertise there. ? They just haven't seen your post yet.

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
@Kbeth Now that Hurricane Sally has moved through... Although it's still raining, and flooding... Just wanted to check in on you. How are you doing?