New and tortoiseless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivyna J. Spyder

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Maryland
Hi all :)

I've never had a tortoise, but I've kept lizards and geckos and snakes and all that sort for a little over 5 years.

I'm getting interested in tortoises so I'm doing a lot of reading up and may ask you all for advice. Not sure if/when I ever will get one, but I'm leaning toward red foots. So cute!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Ivyna:

1055271seiqjpyhy3.gif
to the forum!!

I think you'll be pretty happy with a redfoot. Great little tortoises...and we have a couple breeders here on the forum. Be sure to check the for sale and the redfoot sections.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello and welcome. Try to go see the different species that interest you in person as much as you can. Certain ones just appeal to me and I can't really explain why. Other species are interesting, but not something I'd be interested in keeping. Also, your life will be a lot easier and your tortoises life better, if you pick a species that is suited to your climate and living arrangement. For example, its hot and dry where I live and I've got five acres to play on, so I like to keep the sulcatas, leopards and CDT's. If I lived in an apartment, I might pick a Russian instead. If I lived in the South, I might go for Redfoots or Yellowfoots. Good luck to you and keep us posted.

TortoisesRock!

5 Year Member
Welcome to the forum! Good luck on deciding if a tortoise is right for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.