New baby Eastern boxies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

katelyn0974

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Paradise
Hello everybody! It's an exciting day for me. I just got my two new baby eastern boxies today. This is there new home. I have coco soft for their bedding. Both females. Ones name is Shelly and I have yet to name the other one. The other one is very active! I would love any information on caring for a boxie you feel is important, or even a fun fact. Name suggestions and any info would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks! Have a great day!

Attachments

• image-2586790323.png
    image-2586790323.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 243

Julius25

5 Year Member
France
Nice baby =) congrats
For the name (it probably sounds different in english because i'm french) but i can propose you some :
Hortense, violette, myrtille, carapace, willem, caroline, boite (box in french).
Thanks for the pics.

CLMoss

5 Year Member
Brooklyn, New York
Really cute! Do you think that the hide is big enough? Just kidding. Good luck! ~C

katelyn0974

5 Year Member
Paradise
CLMoss said:
Really cute! Do you think that the hide is big enough? Just kidding. Good luck! ~C

Lol I wanted them to think they live in a mansion. ;) thanks!

katelyn0974

5 Year Member
Paradise
Picture of noname hatching. :) cutie.

Attachments

• image-1580165753.png
    image-1580165753.png
    233.9 KB · Views: 125

earthyman71

5 Year Member
Columbus, Ohio
cute little dudes! depending on how old they are their set up might need to be different for several months. baby boxies are really more aquatic and need a lot of moisture.

check out www.aboxturtle.com
[/font]

CLMoss

5 Year Member
Brooklyn, New York
For her name, I like Aria or Bella. For the set-up, I am not seeing how low the thermometer is. I like to keep mine level to the top of their shell. But I could be wrong about placement. I want to have an idea how much heat the tortoise feels at their basking spot. I have another "spot" digital thermometer to check the other areas of the tank. Enjoy them when they are so little! ~C

katelyn0974

5 Year Member
Paradise
earthyman71 said:
cute little dudes! depending on how old they are their set up might need to be different for several months. baby boxies are really more aquatic and need a lot of moisture.

Thank you! I have coco soft that is super moist and mushy & I take them out and let them soak twice a day in another container. I will check out the website. Much thanks!

Thanks for the feedback. :)

Saloli

5 Year Member
middle river
I have a Shelly who lives with me she is an older lady turtle but that doesn't stop her from much. As for names I usually us names from the native or local (if I am unable to pronounce the native language) language from where the turtle or other critter came from. I have Japanese species with Japanese names and native species with Tsalagi names and English names (my wife is mostly English and she has named a good number of the turtles and my two frogs and one Shelly had the same name before I adopted her and she knew it so I left it her name).

earthyman71 said:

It is good to know that someone else knows of their aquatic nature as hatchlings. I posting asking about the flabt and ttbt the only two who I don't have hatchling experience with and most people were not sure.

Tccarolina

10 Year Member!
CA
Very nice cage set up! Looks like they have a great home!

Steve

katelyn0974

5 Year Member
Paradise
supremelysteve said:
Very nice cage set up! Looks like they have a great home!

Steve

Thank you. Very moist coco soft as bedding and good soaks twice a day. More pictures soon to come! :)

katelyn0974

5 Year Member
Paradise
Shelly taking a morning soak.

Shelly's sister enjoying a gut loaded worm. I think we are going to name her Kraken. (because she is crazy active). Both got a special treat of a snail or an earth worm. :)

Attachments

• image-915501706.png
    image-915501706.png
    272.6 KB · Views: 48
  • image-1015901759.png
    image-1015901759.png
    888.6 KB · Views: 47
Status
Not open for further replies.