New baby Eastern boxies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stillframeband

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arkansas
Congratulations!!

When mine was a hatchling I fed plenty of gut loaded crickets, meal/wax/earthworms (cut up), red wigglers...I still added in about 40% veggies and 10% fruit, cut up so small that they would hopefully stick to whatever wiggling thing he REALLY wanted to eat (which only rarely worked!). I also inlcuded Reptomin baby (a big hit with him), and supplements once a week. I fed every other day (now that he's older I feed every 3rd day), and usually ended up with lots of leftover veggies and some leftover fruit, so maybe it's overkill to try to include it all for them...I just figured whatever little scraps he inadvertently sucked down would only help! :)

Best of luck with them, and congrats again!

diaboliqueturtle

5 Year Member
Toronto, Canada
katelyn0974 said:
pryncesssc said:
Do they walk around a lot ? Or hide a lot ? Mine hid for the first 3 months I had her and I had to dig her out for soaking and feeding. Now she comes out on her own to eat, drink , and roam around ...

They hide a lot. They will poke their heads up to see what's going on if they hear me around the tank. They walk around a lot early morning. I too have to dig them up to feed and soak them. Hopefully they will get used to me really fast. :) thanks for sharing.

This is so reassuring. Crystal has been with me for 4 weeks now (so she's almost 4 months old) and she still spends most of her time in a burrow. I'm always torn between making her feel safe and secure by letting her come out on her own and digging her out to soak and eat...The mommy in me wins, every time :p
She munched on dandelion greens for the first time yesterday! She only ate her mealworms so far...

This forum is all kinds of awesome, thanks everybody :)

katelyn0974

5 Year Member
Paradise
diaboliqueturtle said:
This is so reassuring. Crystal has been with me for 4 weeks now (so she's almost 4 months old) and she still spends most of her time in a burrow. I'm always torn between making her feel safe and secure by letting her come out on her own and digging her out to soak and eat...The mommy in me wins, every time :p
She munched on dandelion greens for the first time yesterday! She only ate her mealworms so far...

This forum is all kinds of awesome, thanks everybody :)

Try some mushrooms. I read mushrooms make up a big portion of easterns diet in the wild. My babies are almost 3 months and they have when zucchini, kale, strawberries, raspberries, and now mushrooms. Of course with their variety of wax, earth, and meal worms. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.