New baby pics of Teiko

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teiko's Mom

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Southwest FL
Thanks everyone who answered my questions about substrate. I am going with aspen for now. Here is Teiko in his new "house" let me know what you think. I put him/her? out in the sun today, don't think he's ever been in it before..he LOVED it. It's very warm here in south Fl..about 88' and humid.

Attachments

• IMG_2569.JPG
    IMG_2569.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_2570.JPG
    IMG_2570.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 77

agiletorts

10 Year Member!
San Jose, CA
Teiko said:
Thanks everyone who answered my questions about substrate. I am going with aspen for now. Here is Teiko in his new "house" let me know what you think. I put him/her? out in the sun today, don't think he's ever been in it before..he LOVED it. It's very warm here in south Fl..about 88' and humid.

It should be OK for now, but soon you'd need a bigger enclosure as I think you have pardalis pardalis.

Teiko's Mom

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Southwest FL
agiletorts said:
Teiko said:

It should be OK for now, but soon you'd need a bigger enclosure as I think you have pardalis pardalis.
Yes I think so too..I am planning to build an outdoor pen on my lanai( I have a garden area and it's safe from preditors) and when Teiko is much bigger out in our backyard.

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
The set-up looks great and will be fine for now. :)

Teiko though isn't Stigmochelys pardalis pardalis, but does have S.p.pardalis in his back ground. He's mostly S.p.babcocki.

Danny

K9KidsLove

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hi...I got an under-the-bed container for my babies similar to yours but way longer. I put a screen top made for a breeder tank on the top with bricks to hold the lid down in case of wind. That way I could put them outside on my porch. I have morning sun that hits half of the container then indirect sun in the afternoon. They are thriving. Next summer they will have a corral on the grass.
Good luck
Patsy

Teiko's Mom

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Southwest FL
Hi,
Where do you live? I am in south Fl and I am about to creat an outdoor pen on my lanai for Teiko. I'm not sure what plants to get for him. We have alot in the yard but not sure which is poisonous. Guess I ahve some homework to do:)Dandelions don't grow here but lots of other stuff does. Any suggestions? I am planning to have topsoil mixed with sand so I can plant right in the enclosure. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.