New baby spur thighed

Status
Not open for further replies.

tc1982

5 Year Member
Hi - I got a spur thighed year old tortoise yesterday. He is going to the toilet, moving around ok, sleeping etc but I haven't really seen him eat much. Do you think he is just settling in or should I be worried?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:) what are you feeding him? They do need settling in times. However, if he his pooping, he must be eating something.

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Hello and welcome. It usually takes a few days to about a week or so for them to get comfortable. Are you trying different kinds of greens? Did the previous owner tell you what they were feeding? What are your temps. That also has a lot to do with it.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Welcome! First, is it a spur-thigh or an African spurred...big difference! A photo would be nice. Second, it's in new surroundings...so give it a little time to adjust. Third, it's not the ideal time of year to expect your tortoise to have a ravenous appetite.

tc1982

5 Year Member
I'll check with the breeder to see what he has been feeding him. I have been giving him a selection of different plants, vegetables and flowers all of which i have checked online to make sure they are ok.
Ill give him a little more time then to settle in before i am worried
He is the little fellow :) Still nameless though!

Attachments

• turtus.jpg
    turtus.jpg
    780.1 KB · Views: 22
Status
Not open for further replies.