New baby Sullivan

Bee62

Location (City and/or State)
Germany
Wow ! Great news that you can get some food in him but be very careful to feed only small amounts of food. His stomach is so little and he hasn`t eaten so long . He will need time to be able to eat more.:)

Destben

Kansas
He is still gaining weight, but hasn’t pooped yet. He is going back to the vet today for more antibiotics because he is still sick. His 3rd eyelid is coming down so he might open his eyes soon. He is still being syringe fed and is a total Mazuri snob. He is however making chewing motions and I’m able to put food (critical care) on the front of his mouth and he will eat it that way. IMG_0762.jpg

Destben

Kansas
He is still gaining weight, but hasn’t pooped yet. He is going back to the vet today for more antibiotics because he is still sick. His 3rd eyelid is coming down so he might open his eyes soon. He is still being syringe fed and is a total Mazuri snob. He is however making chewing motions and I’m able to put food (critical care) on the front of his mouth and he will eat it that way. View attachment 246320
He’s 36g now.

Destben

Kansas
This made me curious. Can anything with torts, or reptiles in general, be transmitted through the air? Or is everything transmitted through surfaces or contact?

Ps. What a great thing you are doing for this little guy :)
to reply to this. I don't think so as Torterra did not get one from him being in her enclosure.

Last edited:

Destben

Kansas
I’m dying for an update! [emoji15]

He did well at the vet last night he is continuing his antibiotics due to some snot bubbles. The vet got to see his tough guy stance he does when he’s irritated or doesn’t want to be fed. He ate really well at lunch today but still no poops [emoji90]. He did however pee at the vets office which dislodged a little mucus plug so I’m thinking it will be easier for him to go now.IMG_0771.jpg

Miscally

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
He did well at the vet last night he is continuing his antibiotics due to some snot bubbles. The vet got to see his tough guy stance he does when he’s irritated or doesn’t want to be fed. He ate really well at lunch today but still no poops [emoji90]. He did however pee at the vets office which dislodged a little mucus plug so I’m thinking it will be easier for him to go now.View attachment 246437
Good news. Fingers crossed and best wishes, hope the progress soon speeds up now he's moving forward.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tortoise Forum mobile app

Bee62

Germany
He did well at the vet last night he is continuing his antibiotics due to some snot bubbles. The vet got to see his tough guy stance he does when he’s irritated or doesn’t want to be fed. He ate really well at lunch today but still no poops [emoji90]. He did however pee at the vets office which dislodged a little mucus plug so I’m thinking it will be easier for him to go now.View attachment 246437
Great news. I would not be worried that he pooped not yet. A tortoise that nearly starved to death like him needs all the "input" ( food ) to recover.
You are doing a great job. In other hands like yours the tort would be already dead.

Kristy1970

5 Year Member
Addis, LA
OMG! He is so cute and looks like a premie with sassy pants on LOL [emoji847][emoji7]

Kristy1970

5 Year Member
Addis, LA
Can you tell if he has eyes? Could have been a birth defect? But that would heighten all other senses to compensate

Destben

Kansas
Update. He might die from septicemia tonight. I drove 2 hours and into another state to have him seen by an exotics vet that wasn’t even In. They said it’s hatchling failure syndrome and they wanted to give him calcium shots and keep him overnight till the actual vet got there tomorrow. Who by the way blames the high humidity (80%) for his current condition. For $800 on top of everything else just to get him till morning.

Destben

Kansas
Update. He might die from septicemia tonight. I drove 2 hours and into another state to have him seen by an exotics vet that wasn’t even In. They said it’s hatchling failure syndrome and they wanted to give him calcium shots and keep him overnight till the actual vet got there tomorrow. Who by the way blames the high humidity (80%) for his current condition. For $800 on top of everything else just to get him till morning.

IMG_0795.jpgthe purple blotches are the indicator

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Oh no! No! Not Baby Sullivan! I am literally crying! I am so sorry for you, for him, and for all the other little babies who suffer miserably because of careless breeding and care.
Oh Destben, you have given him such wonderful care! I can only imagine how you must be feeling. I am still praying for your baby...Come on Sullivan, we're rooting for you!