Bee62

Location (City and/or State)
Germany
I am always glad when I read: "Still with us."
Keep on fighting little tortoise.:tort::<3:

daniellenc

Maryland
At this point the meds may be making him feel yucky so if he's drinking thats a bonus. Hope the little guys picks up soon you're doing an amazing job!!

Destben

Kansas
Update on sully. I took him to the vet yesterday all by my lonesome and I’m one of this need two hands to drive kind of people, so I made him a little car seat lol. Anyways the vet was surprised how active he is since he hasn’t eaten. He also hasn’t lost any weight as of yet even tho it’s been over a week since he last ate. The vet says if I can get him to eat he is sure he will live. But there is an issue. We are not certain yet, but he may have deformed eyes and could be blind. We are hoping this isn’t the case and that he will open them soon. The vet cleaned both really good while we were there so hopefully that will kick start their opening. So thanks for the prayers and keep praying for him please he still has a long way to go.
IMG_0602.jpg

Destben

Kansas
He has been super active and walking around. His eyes are still closed but he seems to be adapting by every couple steps reaching his head out and touching his nose to the ground to check in front of him.

Miscally

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
He has been super active and walking around. His eyes are still closed but he seems to be adapting by every couple steps reaching his head out and touching his nose to the ground to check in front of him.
Fingers crossed for you both [emoji4]

Destben

Kansas
Awww car seat! And I wonder if anyone else has a blind tortoise?
I tried looking but all I have seen is one born without eyes that died so i'm not sure.... Would I put him on normal substrate and everything? especially if he continues to use his face as a blind support cane.

Destben

Kansas
Update on the little guy. He is very active, but I have to agree with the vet at this point about him being blind. The main challenge right now is getting him to eat. I was able to get the tiniest bit of critical care food in his mouth yesterday and he swallowed but not nearly enough. Hopefully the vet will be able to help me get food in him today when he goes to the vet at lunch.

Miscally

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Update on the little guy. He is very active, but I have to agree with the vet at this point about him being blind. The main challenge right now is getting him to eat. I was able to get the tiniest bit of critical care food in his mouth yesterday and he swallowed but not nearly enough. Hopefully the vet will be able to help me get food in him today when he goes to the vet at lunch.
I hope it goes well.