New baby tortoise ID

orgetorix

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Orange, CA
Hello all. I need an ID on this baby tortoise. A coworker of mine accidentally stepped on it in the middle of a hardware store. No one there claimed ownership so she kept it. The tortoise seems to be doing well, but I'd like to help her get it started on the right path or help her adopt it out to someone if the care is more than she is willing to commit to. Thanks in advance!

IMG_5261.jpg

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Hello all. I need an ID on this baby tortoise. A coworker of mine accidentally stepped on it in the middle of a hardware store. No one there claimed ownership so she kept it. The tortoise seems to be doing well, but I'd like to help her get it started on the right path or help her adopt it out to someone if the care is more than she is willing to commit to. Thanks in advance!

View attachment 311264
That's a Sulcata Tortoise.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Here is the care info:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'd be worried there's unseen damage from being stepped on. Soft pliable shell that would give under pressure rather than break or split, then internal damage.

orgetorix

5 Year Member
Orange, CA
I'd be worried there's unseen damage from being stepped on. Soft pliable shell that would give under pressure rather than break or split, then internal damage.

I'm hoping there's no internal damage. So far it seems to be eating and walking around etc.