New Baby Yellow Foot Owner

RockyBalboa

Hello my name is Rich.

I am a new owner of a baby yellow foot tortoise (it weighs 65 grams). I believe it might be a male because it bobs it's head a lot but I know that it's too smal to sex. So for now I named "him" Rocky because I'm from Philadelphia and currently living in San Antonio, TX.

We got him 12/31/2013

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Rich:

Welcome to the Forum!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:). The bobbing of the head does not determine sex. If he is small, then he is too young to sex yet.

tort_luv_5055

New York (USA)
Re: RE: New Baby Yellow Foot Owner

RockyBalboa said:
Hello my name is Rich.

I am a new owner of a baby yellow foot tortoise (it weighs 65 grams). I believe it might be a male because it bobs it's head a lot but I know that it's too smal to sex. So for now I named "him" Rocky because I'm from Philadelphia and currently living in San Antonio, TX.

We got him 12/31/2013

Hello and Welcome! Yes, that is too small and too young to sex. Does he move his arms when he bobs his head? If so, it's not bobbing in a sign of aggression. The way tortoises major organs are placed, they need to pump their arms and Bob their heads to push air in and out of their lungs. Its more likely a simple sign that he is healthy and breathing properly, so cherish the bobbing!! Lol

RockyBalboa

He does move his arms and legs so it looks like he's "swimming". He is bright eyes and seems happy. We hand feed him to make sure we know exactly what Rocky is eating.

Attachments

• Rocky.png
    120 KB · Views: 36

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Welcome would love to see pictures .

muu

Hi, I'm new to the forum too, little Rocky sounds fab. I have a baby redfoot and he was 53g when I got him 9 months ago. He's now 151g he's fairly piling on the pounds. Sorry to take over your thread but can anyone tell me how to start a new thread from the iPhone app?

RockyBalboa

mike taylor said:
Welcome would love to see pictures .

I will definitely post some more later. I just got the one up now of him eating

muu said:
Hi, I'm new to the forum too, little Rocky sounds fab. I have a baby redfoot and he was 53g when I got him 9 months ago. He's now 151g he's fairly piling on the pounds. Sorry to take over your thread but can anyone tell me how to start a new thread from the iPhone app?

Welcome to the forum too. I couldn't figure that out either so that's why I had to pull out my laptop to post some stuff on the forum.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello Rich welcome to the TFO from AZ
Don't forget torts are like Lays chips cannt eat just one ! Got to have more and more
Good luck