New baby :)!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lkwagner

5 Year Member
13 months ago I bought a baby sulcata from the Michigan reptile show and I decided to buy another today :) this ones so cute and this time the shell is actually flat still!

Attachments

• image-815051931.png
    image-815051931.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 62
  • image-1475062281.png
    image-1475062281.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 67
  • image-4156326665.png
    image-4156326665.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 78

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Very cute. Like the looks of your other one too. You know they can't be housed together. The big one will bully the little one. Besides the fact that you should be keeping them apart for quarantine for about three months. The little one looks like their could be some pyramiding. The deep separation between the scutes. However, get him house correctly and you probably won't notice it when he's larger. It could also be the angle of the pics. Toms threads are below if you need a refresher on the proper housing.

lkwagner

5 Year Member
Thanks! I don't have a name yet

And I know they can't be housed together or by each other I just wanted to take a comparison picture :)

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
How cute and your big one is very pretty, other then it being dark from not being out in natural sunlight it seems to be smooth. You have done a nice job. Looks like there was previous pyramiding that has been corrected some time ago.

lkwagner

5 Year Member
I live in Michigan and believe me as soon as it gets warm she will be outside all the time :)
And yes when I got her her shell was pyramiding pretty bad but I am working really hard to correct it and give it a varied diet. Doesn't help when the breeder I got her from told me to keep her on Timothy hay!!! That was corrected as soon as I found this site!

Clementine said:
SO TINY! What a cutie! Do you have a name yet?

Squirt is the bigger one
And I'm thinking about crush for the baby :)

Dizisdalife

10 Year Member!
California
Squirt and the new baby are both very handsome. Glad you found this site.

lkwagner

5 Year Member
That's too funny. I found out yesterday squirt is from finding nemo and I had no clue crush was from finding nemo till you said that! Haha I might have to think of another name for the baby ;)

L82lalaland

5 Year Member
Lakeside, California
Light bulb!lol so natural light lightens up there shell? I was wondering why they darken up when I can't get them out in the sunshine.

Status
Not open for further replies.