New Baby

brandhllg

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Maumelle Arkansas
I know the photos aren't great but just wanted to show off my new little one.. Named him Sheldon.. ImageUploadedByTortForum1394250627.436993.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1394250642.189573.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
Very beautiful! Looks like a pardalis pardalis. Where did you purchase it from?

brandhllg

5 Year Member
Maumelle Arkansas
Breeders out of California.. Great people to work with. I can IM you a link to their website if interested. I know there are rules on here so I don't know if I can post the link here. They say though that he is P. Babcocki and not a P.P.
He is the prettiest baby I have seen in a minute so I jumped on him pretty quick lol

brandhllg

5 Year Member
Maumelle Arkansas
What has shocked me so far about him, which I have only had him for two days but my other Leo will really only eat on succulents, and baby leaves such as mulberry and hibiscus. This one eats like a Sully and loves grass.
I don't know if you can over feed but he has ate several times today and just wants more. I just keep making little helpings of food and he goes to town, run around, sleeps and then back to eating.

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
Yes PM the link please! I would love to check them out. I've always wanted a FRESH hatchling like that

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
Thanks I look forward to it.

No luck ? I've been googling California leopard tortoise breeders and can't find much

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
No it's not popping up. I don't think the mods would mind you posting the link. I post links to tortoise sources all the time

Actually I just got the msg. Thanks!

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
I emailed them . I'm hoping for a response tomorrow. Had you talked to them on the phone?

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
brandhllg said:
What has shocked me so far about him, which I have only had him for two days but my other Leo will really only eat on succulents, and baby leaves such as mulberry and hibiscus. This one eats like a Sully and loves grass.
I don't know if you can over feed but he has ate several times today and just wants more. I just keep making little helpings of food and he goes to town, run around, sleeps and then back to eating.

Sounds like PP traits to me! :D

I too am curious about the breeder. Brian, email me the info??

brandhllg

5 Year Member
Maumelle Arkansas
I have chatted by phone once, most of our conversation took place by email. I'm assuming both of us were using smartphones bc the responses were extremely quick.
I told them what I was looking for and they sent me photos. The 3 I just place on the thread are siblings of mine that are/were available as of Tuesday.
Team Gob. Try hitting me up by email on here and see if I can respond to you that way, I did try to send you the link but it's saying you have your email on here enabled or something.

Again tho, the whole subject of the true P.P. came up in another conversation I had with others after showing off my little one, and I have been told by the breeder that these are Babcocki, just with really nice features.

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
Team Gomberg said:
brandhllg said:

Sounds like PP traits to me! :D

I too am curious about the breeder. Brian, email me the info??

Im sorry Heather when you said "brian" I didn't realize you meant me(names Byron) lol. YOu were close though! :p

happyjoyjoy

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
very cute! and does look GPP to me as well... it even has the skin speckles ...... I want one now lol!