1. Welcome! Are you interested in tortoises? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our community is the #1 place for tortoise keepers to talk online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your tortoise and enclosure, and discuss any tortoise topic with other tortoise keepers. Get started today!

New Boxie from Hamburg Show

Discussion in 'American box turtles' started by ColleenT, Dec 1, 2018.

Help Support Tortoise Forums by donating:

1. ColleenT

ColleenT Well-Known Member

Location (City and/or State):
    Lehigh Valley Pa
    I went to the Reptile show today in Hamburg, Pa. Was not looking for any animals, was only looking to see what was there. Got to hold a baby Monkey-tailed Skink, Which was awesome. Then i saw a tank with 4 three-toed boxies, 3 of which were females. So I welcomed the new girl and called her Betty. ( my others are Rio, Wolowitz and Bernadette. Betty kind of goes with Bernadette. ( and i didn't want any of the girl names from Big Bang).

here is Betty. she will winter in the basement. i got some Hornworms, and i thawing out some blueberries for her. She enjoyed a warm water soak.

[​IMG]
  2. Karenp

Karenp Member

Michigan/SW Florida
    (These ads do not appear for registered members.)
    She is beautiful!
    ColleenT likes this.
  3. NickA

NickA Member

Mid Atlantic
    Congrats. I enjoy that show but haven’t been in a few years. Kinda far from me but worth the drive.
    ColleenT likes this.
  4. ColleenT

ColleenT Well-Known Member

Lehigh Valley Pa
    I have a love/hate relationship with this show- the reasons- to get in when the crowds are not bad, you have to wait in line for at least 45 minutes. Then you get in, and it gets crowded SO fast. Many times they have the same stuff, so i don't really enjoy it and by the end, i am vowing i won't come back for a while. But this time was decent. we saw a lot of cool animals, and i actually found a female three-toed boxie. And when we were done, it was starting to get crazy busy, but we had seen most of what we wanted to see. If they could only find a bigger building, everything would be so much better.
    PJay and Pastel Tortie like this.