Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Nice. I like the way it will fit into a corner.

dav3

5 Year Member
Scotland
haha yass another tortoise is the name of a pokemon, mines called squirtle :)

slowpoke

5 Year Member
colorado springs, colorado
another pic doing a electrical test , these are not the balbs im using in this pic , just making sure i dont burn down the house ...

doubletorts

5 Year Member
slowpoke said:
Put in the sub flooring waterproof and mold proof and pet safe ... that's the important part "pet safe"!!!

What did you use?

PEEEETE

5 Year Member
Vacaville, CA
Great job! I love the design, it reminds me of a reptile exhibit. Do you have any heating pads under the substrate, or any CHEs for at night? I'm kind of obsessed with proper heating and UV lighting.

slowpoke

5 Year Member
PEEEETE said:
Great job! I love the design, it reminds me of a reptile exhibit. Do you have any heating pads under the substrate, or any CHEs for at night? I'm kind of obsessed with proper heating and UV lighting.

did all the readings before i moved him in to this place , the substrate at night is 68 through out the habitat , day time it is 90 on the ends 70 in the far corner , thats taking the temp from the bottom of the cage with a lazer thermometer , inside temps are 95 in the basking area and 75 in the back corner ... with 30% humidity with misting the habitat every morning it drops down to 25% through out the night ... and whats a CHE im kinda new to this stuff so i dont know what all the abbreviations are yet , took me a minute to figure out a RT was a russian tort lol i know for the UV lighting i have the eco 5.0 with the reflictor also the eco heat day light 150 watt , all set on timers the day heat lights come on first for an hour then the eco 5.0's kick in then they are on for 13 hours for the one 12 hours for the other one they all shut off at the same time

PEEEETE

5 Year Member
Vacaville, CA
CHE is Ceramic Heating Element. I have a stick on heating pad under their hide that runs 24 hours, so that their super wet hide will always be warm to avoid respiratory infection, a Mercury Vapor bulb for basking/UV on all day on a timer, and the Ceramic Heating bulb over their hide at night to add to the warmth at night. I just worry that it's not quite warm enough for how wet it is inside their hide.

I don't mean to accuse you of not having proper heating/lighting, I'm just always on the hunt for the perfect setup for my babies. I'm no expert by any means. Everything I know, I learned from this site and other breeders/owners.

slowpoke

5 Year Member
PEEEETE said:
CHE is Ceramic Heating Element. I have a stick on heating pad under their hide that runs 24 hours, so that their super wet hide will always be warm to avoid respiratory infection, a Mercury Vapor bulb for basking/UV on all day on a timer, and the Ceramic Heating bulb over their hide at night to add to the warmth at night. I just worry that it's not quite warm enough for how wet it is inside their hide.

I don't mean to accuse you of not having proper heating/lighting, I'm just always on the hunt for the perfect setup for my babies. I'm no expert by any means. Everything I know, I learned from this site and other breeders/owners.

oh no i know your not accusing me of any thing , but i did about a month of research when making this habitat and with this being more of a learning website i like adding the most to my replies so that people know what im using ... and with russians ive learned that they like it cooler at night around the mid to high 60's and a good hot basking spot in the days , the stones i put in there also hold heat really well and stay 72 degrees at night and bein in the middle of the habitat , in the day they stay around 85 , thats why i picked that spot for eating , i was going to use the CHE (thanks for clearing that up lol) but when i did my testing it put the temp of the sides at over 130 degrees on both sides and that was just the 100 watt ones so i took those back , im thinking if i didnt have a top on this habitat those would of been great but this thing holds in heat so well...

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I love this design. Sounds like its working great too. Its amazing what a difference it makes when the enclosure has a top on it. Never heard of that sealant, but its sounds great and I've been looking for something. Thanks for the idea, gotta go do a google search for it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.