New Cherry's

Status
Not open for further replies.

GotTurtles

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Fresno, Ca
On Tuesday these three were delivered to me from Allegra. I have two kids that always name the new arrivals. Since there were three cherry's we they flipped for the honor of getting to name two of them. My four year old won and named the first one after himself, Robert, and the other was named Darth Maul cause he looked like him(we are star wars fans). My seven year old named the one she liked Sally Kelly. Here they are.
Robert
IMG_4167.jpg

IMG_4165.jpg

Darth Maul
IMG_4174.jpg

Sally Kelly
IMG_4181.jpg

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
:) Tell your children they did great with naming them! Aren't her tortoises just so awesome? Yours are gorgeous!

allegraf

10 Year Member!
Those are fantastic photos! I love the names, especially Robert. I like that he named one after himself, that is kinda awesome!

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Spectacular, of course. Love the names. Darth Maul.....hmmmm....where'd I hear that name before?

HarleyK

5 Year Member
I like the look of its eyes.....reminds me of my beagle looking up at me with that innocent look.

GotTurtles

10 Year Member!
Fresno, Ca
Darth Maul from Star Wars. It's one of the better ideas he has had for names. Better than "Crocodile tortoise" which he named a hermans I just hatched.
images

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
GotTurtles said:
Darth Maul from Star Wars. It's one of the better ideas he has had for names. Better than "Crocodile tortoise" which he named a hermans I just hatched.
images

Just joking...I know....I have 5 sons...:D:D:D LOL

goReptiles

10 Year Member!
Allegra's baby's are awesome... Yours are so pretty.

I've been hiding a secret (I got two from her). I will post pictures when I can, but Domino is stressing me out right now. (Yes, they are housed in a different enclosure as not to get Domino's infection)

allegraf

10 Year Member!
Hey Whitney, now that the secret is out, how are they doing? Did the cypress mulch change go over okay?

goReptiles

10 Year Member!
It's better and they're more susceptible to opening their eyes, but they do keep them shut a lot. They eat like crazy though, and make a mess of their water bowl. I'm keeping a close eye on them, as Domino is being treated for RI. :-( They are not housed with him, so I'm hoping they don't contract it. I'm keeping a close eye.

cdmay

10 Year Member!
Somewhere in Florida
Hey, we have a Darth Maul too...

DSC03457.jpg

She was little when that Star Wars film came out and my son was about 10 or 11 years old. The name jumped out at us because of the facial features.
As she has aged her head has become darker but as a juvenile she had that brilliant flame red and black 'mask' that the movie character had. This is an old copied photo that (of course) makes her look faded. But I can assure you she had an intimidating face even as a little kid....

DSC03552.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.