New Elongated and Yellow Foot dad

richosullivan

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Orlando
New Elongated and Yellow Foot owner, been on here reading the forums for advice, thought it would be a good idea to join.

Thanks in advance for all the good advice I have already received, and future recommendations.

20140207_081139_resized.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Rich!

Since you've been here a while, you know that some of us really don't approve of putting different species of tortoise in the same habitat, right? Especially a tortoise from S/E Asia and one from South America. They would NEVER ever find each other on their own in the wild, and they might make each other sick.

But I love the irregular scute pattern on the YF tortoise. We don't see too many elongated tortoises here on the Forum, but we do have a few keepers of that species.

We're glad to have you aboard.

Benjamin

5 Year Member
zone 7b
Welcome to the forum and great turtles! Regarding mixing the species.. elongate can be VERY aggressive animals. Your biggest concern likely is the elongate biting the yellowfoot. Watch out for that and enjoy the turtles. They are both underrated species in my opinion.

richosullivan

10 Year Member!
Orlando
They live separate, I just put them to soak together so I could get 1 picture to put on here.

richosullivan

10 Year Member!
Orlando
The irregular pattern on Timmie (our YF) is why we got him. Our elongated is Arthur, loved his head/eyes.[/size][/font]

Yvonne G said:
Welcome to the Forum, Rich!

Since you've been here a while, you know that some of us really don't approve of putting different species of tortoise in the same habitat, right? Especially a tortoise from S/E Asia and one from South America. They would NEVER ever find each other on their own in the wild, and they might make each other sick.

But I love the irregular scute pattern on the YF tortoise. We don't see too many elongated tortoises here on the Forum, but we do have a few keepers of that species.

We're glad to have you aboard.