NEW ENCLOSURE (Day #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonahQKline

5 Year Member
So this is going to be Preety long so get ready too read a good amount of stuff.

So we're building my Redfoot a brand new enclosure, or at least a BETTER one than we have now. (Stupid Plastic Bin -__-) So the first picture In the set is a picture of the small bookcase that we are using, drawers are all removed and were going too use 2 of the drawers to make a hide. The picture is a non-screwed version.

The second picture is a sort of example of exactly what the enclosure hide opening will be where he can go in and protect himself from the outside "predators". (The Third Picture) is the substrate that will be going into the hide (sphagnum moss) to keep the humidity up to 80%. The Outside Of the hide (outside floor) will have (picture in set) Cypress Bedding. The only thing that I'm currently not entirely sure about is the heat lamp able to hang over to keep the temps at 90-100 degrees. I'm Preety sure I will be making something that can work out to do so. (Heat lamp is for digesting food if anybody didn't know.

image-3405020641.png

image-545866811.png

image-4150435306.png

image-3859750733.png

NudistApple

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Pittsburgh, PA
I like what you are doing for the hide! It's definitely clever, but I would have a concern with hanging your basking lamp. I know the moist hide is supposed to go right under the lamp, but a hide that big would take up the whole spot, wouldn't it? Where will your little guy bask?

Zergy

5 Year Member
Valrico, FL
I am setting up a 40g stock tank for my baby RF. I went plastic since it is lighter than a large wood enclosure, should be easy to clean, and holds up to moisture. Is there a reason you went with wood? What was wrong with the plastic bin for your Red Foot? Just curious so I can plan future enclosures from other peoples experience.

TORTOISEMAN1

5 Year Member
FL
Anything's better then a Stupid Plastic Bin.:p looks like a good plan thou.

JonahQKline

5 Year Member
NudistApple said:
I like what you are doing for the hide! It's definitely clever, but I would have a concern with hanging your basking lamp. I know the moist hide is supposed to go right under the lamp, but a hide that big would take up the whole spot, wouldn't it? Where will your little guy bask?

He Will Be Hiding Right At The Corner With Some Bricks :) We Gonna Put The Substrate And Stuff In Tommorow. He Seems So Exited lol.

Zergy said:
I am setting up a 40g stock tank for my baby RF. I went plastic since it is lighter than a large wood enclosure, should be easy to clean, and holds up to moisture. Is there a reason you went with wood? What was wrong with the plastic bin for your Red Foot? Just curious so I can plan future enclosures from other peoples experience.

I Switched Because The Plastic Was Way To Small. So I Switched To Something Bigger. He Will Be Happy, It's Like Good Shined

TORTOISEMAN1 said:
Anything's better then a Stupid Plastic Bin.:p looks like a good plan thou.

Yeah I like it a lot better :)

Status
Not open for further replies.