New enclosure for my Littlefoot

Turbotort

Location (City and/or State)
Florida
Hey everyone,

I will be building a 6'x3' enclosure next week. I plan to make it like a rainforest inside. I will be putting branches along the perimeter to mimic trees with fake leaves and vines to start until i can start growing safe to eat plants. I will also have a water fall that flows into the water dish in the corner. All while keeping safety in mind.

I have a few questions though. I need to run some power cords through the box and obviously want to keep in moisture. So what is everyone using as a pass through for cords? I am having trouble finding anything.

Also my friend is supplying me with a black liner for the box to help protect the wood and what not. He also wants me to stray this water sealant first. What is everyone using to seal the wood that is safe for the torts?

Thanks!

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
If you're talking about when the cord goes thru the box, we used a pvc elbow and sealed it with foam I think. I will check when I get home.
I used a extension cord from a outdoor electrical outlet to the night box and used pvc to protect the cord from the weed eater etc.

Turbotort

Florida
Ah i should just do something like that. Stuffing foam in the tube should keep moisture in well enough.