New enclosure going up

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I hope you keep updating this thread so we can watch your progression.

meg_a_tarian

Southern California
I hope you keep updating this thread so we can watch your progression.
It's still very bare bones but after finishing the perimeter we've moved her in and she seems to like it very much. Admittedly she needed this upgrade many moons ago so I wanted her in there ASAP.

Today I will be putting in some shrubs and other landscaping. Starting with 2 Hibiscus, a local species of Myrtle (for shade) and some grasses that I'm sure will be demolished immediately.

I will be updating this thread. The next update will probably come after some bigger changes like adding privacy panels to our gate instead of having our old room divider to block her vision.

Pictures in a separate comment above

meg_a_tarian

Southern California
Progress has been slow because I’m working an incredibly low paying job right now but here’s an updated picture and a small summary of what’s been added.

New large water saucer, portable greenhouse so she can get the most out of warmth on cooler days (only paid $18 for it), burrow made with a steel trash can and leanto for a cool, humid outdoor hide, also planted a small Eugenia bush and some fescue grass. Today I will also be installing a solar powered Ring camera with spotlight so I have a light out there at night and can check that my girl is ok when no one is home.

Attachments

• D3C728C6-5C48-4695-A9C4-68F8320C24EC.jpeg
    D3C728C6-5C48-4695-A9C4-68F8320C24EC.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 10