New enclosure new water bowl!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amber_123

5 Year Member
Okay so I am making a tortoise table for my 6 month old sulcata (right now he is in a 20 gal because the pet store told me it was okay but I am getting him out ASAP now knowing its not appropriate) his water bowl should be bigger and so I was wondering if this would be okay. I know it's deep so I wouldn't fill it up all the way and I would burry it so he can get in easily, should I make a small ramp for him to use to get out or no? Is this a good water bowl for him or should I just get something else? Thanks!

image-2082251598.png

Should I attach some dimensions? If so that's no problem just ask:)

Eloise's mommy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Utah
I use a terra cotta saucer that I got in the garden section at lowe's.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
That looks narrow and if its not now it will be soon. I agree with the clay/terra cotta saucer or even the plastic ones work really well and they aren't too deep.

theelectraco

5 Year Member
Looks like a plastic plant saucer. I tried one with my tortoise but he didn't like it. It doesn't give them very good traction to get in and out and if they aren't comfortable in the bowl they won't use it.

Lasciels Toy

5 Year Member
Florida
Fourth'd. I just picked up a 9" one this afternoon for 2.89 at Home Depot.

Amber_123

5 Year Member
Okay thanks:) I'll pick that up when I get the rest of the supplies for my new tort table

Frog Tropics

5 Year Member
I use ceramic dog/cat dishes that are fairly shallow for our tortoises and they work well. Everything else, including terra cotta, they have been able to tip over... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.