New Endangered Babies (Mauremy M. Mutica)

KevinGG

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Santa Cruz, CA
Sorry for the click bait title :(

Introducing the Yellow Pond Turtle, Mauremys Mutica Mutica.

FullSizeRender-3.jpg

These arrived just this morning from Florida. Interesting to see the difference in color between the two.

FullSizeRender.jpg-5.jpeg
FullSizeRender-2.jpg

This species is Endangered in the wild, but not much interest has been paid to them in captivity. It is actually pretty hard to find any info on them. (Though I guess @Anthony P is writing a book on Mauremys) They are supposed to be rather hardy, but @harris has told me that they are a little sensitive to cold temps. Will be keeping them in a relatively small, shallow enclosure until they gain some size. Look forward to watching these guys grow. Thanks for looking :)

FullSizeRender.jpg

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
Neat looking guys. Very interesting species to work with. Keep us updated on their growth.

Kyle

KevinGG

5 Year Member
Santa Cruz, CA
They're ADORABLE!!!! :) Are they siblings?

Aren't they so cute? Very personable too. Always have their little heads sticking out of the water. Yes. I believe they are clutch mates. I am emailing the breeder to make sure. That could explain color differentiation.

N

no one

Very cute and lovely yellow pond turtles you have!!
What species do you own? Quite a lot of different turtles and tortoises right? (I am a bit jealous. Don't tell anyone though.)

KevinGG

5 Year Member
Santa Cruz, CA
Very cute and lovely yellow pond turtles you have!!
What species do you own? Quite a lot of different turtles and tortoises right? (I am a bit jealous. Don't tell anyone though.)

Thanks :) . Currently, I keep twelve species. Testudo H. Hermanni, Testudo G.Terrestris, Testudo Horsfieldii, Indotestudo Elongata, Terrapene C. Carolina, Terrapene C. Triunguis, Geoclemys Hamiltonii, Pelusios Nanus, Pelodiscus Sinensis, Mauremys M. Mutica, Sternotherus Carinatus, and Trachemys S. Elegans.