New England Reptile Expo 10/09/2011 (Manchester, NH)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fbsmith3

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Worcester, MA
The New England Reptile Expo is supposed to be huge. It will be a 2 hour trip for me and I am very excited.

"The Expo Center has space for up to 200 vendor tables, with wider public aisles and a larger food concession. ........ This will be by far the largest Reptile Expo ever held in New England!!"

I'm taking my wife and son, both are afraid of snakes. Hope they can get over it long enough.

http://www.reptileexpo.com/nefirst.htm

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Take pictures

fbsmith3

5 Year Member
Worcester, MA
Yes, I will do my very best to take some photographs. I just hope they seperate the species into diffferent sections. I very much know that vendors sell all kinds of reptiles, but I can still hope.

I love all reptiles, but it gets hard when I'm trying to look at something and my wife is "hugging" me hiding her face because the nice man is trying to show off his lovely snake.

stephiiberrybean

5 Year Member
Nottingham, U.K
If only I'd have known sooner :( I would have been able to go.

sadly too short notice now and i'm meant to be photographing a friend at a horse show on sunday.
Am gutted.

Scrap that.
You mean Manchester USA. I thought you meant Manchester UK :p hahahaa!
Oh the joys of being blonde!

fbsmith3

5 Year Member
Worcester, MA
Just back from the reptile expo. Camera Batteries dead and camera phone was being weird. 75% were snakes, otherwise Beardies, Water Dragons, Tegus, A few Monitors.

Very few Tortoises and even less turtles. I was very dissapointed.

Came back with some blue horned worms (tomatoe bug larvae) and giant cockroaches.
-The Blue Horned thingies are for my son, he loved them. It's going to be sad when they die.
-The Giant cockroaches were me being silly, the salesman conviced me I could have a ready supply of live food and never buy crickets. On the way home I realized I seldomely feed live food and crickets although terribly annoying don't last more than a couple of days when Cleo gets around to finding them.

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
I wish I would have seen this post earlier I could have saved you a trip. I went last year & this sping they have it twice a year like you said not to many torts a real bummer:( there is one the 23 in rockland Mass hope that one is better:D

fbsmith3

5 Year Member
Worcester, MA
I just wish they had Box turtles or at least 1 turtle/tortoise person. I love talking about turtles with Turtle people. Beardies and Water Dragons are cool, but I wanted to meet some turtle people

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
fbsmith3 said:
I just wish they had Box turtles or at least 1 turtle/tortoise person. I love talking about turtles with Turtle people. Beardies and Water Dragons are cool, but I wanted to meet some turtle people

I am going to the one on the 23 you go to we can talk tort's :tort: :p

fbsmith3

5 Year Member
Worcester, MA
Probally will go, so will this one be as serpent leaning?

Personnally I love all reptiles, but my wife has some kind of weird phobia of snakes.

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
fbsmith3 said:
Probally will go, so will this one be as serpent leaning?

Personnally I love all reptiles, but my wife has some kind of weird phobia of snakes.

Not sure I have never been to this one but I have to go once just to check it out

fbsmith3

5 Year Member
Worcester, MA
I will definetly be there, I work every other Weekened, so perfect timing I can go.

I was reading the website and it says Chameleons and Monitor lizards are illegal in Massachusetts, how sad. I don't own any but I love looking at them.

Status
Not open for further replies.