New & excited from Gloucester, uk

susanbgc

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Uk
I'm wondering if anyone can recommend any books or reading materials on looking after tortoises?
We are gaining an addition to our home & I am nervous about not getting it right so I wanted an idiots guide book or one which is informative yet easy enough to be understood by a newbie so I can get prepared x

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Orange County, So Cal
Welcome! You came to the right place for pretty much all the information you will need about tortoises. Lots of wonderful people, many are long term caretakers, experts. Just read away, search with the section at the top right for specifics, and if you have further questions, ask. Amazing help will pop up! Like magic. Woo hoo! Again, welcome! : )

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Susan:

Welcome to the Forum!

Books are ok, and I've read my share of them in the past, however, doing your research here on the Forum is much more up to date. Once a book has been published, the info in that book stays the same for the rest of its life, while info you glean from an active Forum, such as this one, changes with the times. New info and new ways of taking care of tortoises is happening all the time here.

Do you know what kind of tortoise is coming into your lives?

susanbgc

5 Year Member
Uk
Yes weve got a marginated x im just concerned about what to feed him/her ?