New exo-terra bulb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xander

5 Year Member
Does anyone on here use the exo-terra solar glow 125 all in one blub? i just bought one because my uv blub burnt out and all the pet store had was the coil uv bulbs. i have read on here that the coil ones are bad for the torts eyes.. any advise on this bulb?? thanks in advance for the help. :)

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Pensacola, FL
I just bought one and tested it out and holy cow I bright it def puts out heat so good on UVA I'll just have to see on the UVB to make sure. But for 35.99 I wasn't going to pass that up

tortle

5 Year Member
Phoenix, AZ
Yeah that's the one I'm using right now and it works great. That type of bulb is called the mercury vapor bulb (MVB)

StudentoftheReptile

5 Year Member
Alabama

Xander

5 Year Member
O.K. cool, I thought it was a great deal on the price but did not know if the quality was good. Plus it was on sale. My lil guy is indoors, in a glass aquarium. Its a very large, 4ft by 18 inches. He also gets good play time in my backyard. Should i also use a heat lamp? Again thanks for the help. :)

tortle

5 Year Member
Phoenix, AZ
Xander said:
O.K. cool, I thought it was a great deal on the price but did not know if the quality was good. Plus it was on sale. My lil guy is indoors, in a glass aquarium. Its a very large, 4ft by 18 inches. He also gets good play time in my backyard. Should i also use a heat lamp? Again thanks for the help. :)

You don't need another heat lamp because the MVB doubles as a heat lamp. And plus with only one, it allows you to create a temperature gradient inside your enclosure.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Actually, you might need a heat source for night time. That's where the CHE(ceramic heat emitter) come in the best. Heat no light.

Xander

5 Year Member
what is the ideal temp for night time? his tank in the summer usually never drops below 75-80. his tank is right next to a window, and in a.z. it is in the 90's at night. Is that ok or keep him warmer??

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
Xander said:
what is the ideal temp for night time? his tank in the summer usually never drops below 75-80. his tank is right next to a window, and in a.z. it is in the 90's at night. Is that ok or keep him warmer??

That's perfect.

Xander

5 Year Member
How far away from the substrate should this kind or light be placed?

Status
Not open for further replies.