New food rock=strange Russian behavior

Rhea

Location (City and/or State)
Missouri
So I put a larger slate rock in Rolo’s enclosure to eat off last week and she’s been off ever since. She won’t eat the greens off it. She’ll eat a little of her wet Mazuri but not all like she would. She’s in constant hiding. I also put a larger piece of slate rock as a ramp to get in her hide but I took it out. Could that be causing her to act like this? Or is there something else going on? I’m worried. Her nose is dry. She also doesn’t come out when her light clicks on.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
She may think it is a rock monster.
Well, she may indeed not like it or be afraid of it for some reason. I would just make sure all the conditions in her enclosure are correct, and then try some other food platform or tray. Give her time.

Rhea

Missouri
I took it out! The tort won. He which I just found out yesterday after HE exposed himself is getting back to normal! I also moved other things in there that pissed him off. Like rocks and a log! He is so stubborn. Plus I’m wondering if hormonally he was having some kind of awakening! Not sure but seeing he’s penis out reminds me of a young boy discovering his!!! I have a 5 year old son and I remember when he was really little and realized WOW I got this thing??? Boys will be boys!