New Garden For My Russian

T Smart

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, IL
Aside from our main garden, I decided to make a smaller raised bed. I already planted it with several dandelions, but am unsure what to do next. In our larger main garden, we are growing different lettuces and kale for him. Regarding the new bed, would a Russian seed mix be good for this area? Or does anyone have any recommendations that might grow well up here in Illinois?

IMG_4761.jpg

Thanks!

Hugo's Home

5 Year Member
Chesnee, South Carolina
Aside from our main garden, I decided to make a smaller raised bed. I already planted it with several dandelions, but am unsure what to do next. In our larger main garden, we are growing different lettuces and kale for him. Regarding the new bed, would a Russian seed mix be good for this area? Or does anyone have any recommendations that might grow well up here in Illinois?

View attachment 248161

Thanks!
I think a Russian seed mix would be great! I'm sure you have enough time until your first frost but you could still build a simple cold frame over it to extend the season. Love it when ppl grow stuff!

Hugo's Home

5 Year Member
Chesnee, South Carolina
Search for the "frugal gardner" on YouTube he's up there in Illinois and has an amazing garden if ya didn't already know! Plenty of ideas of things you could grow and even feed to your tort.

T Smart

5 Year Member
Chicago, IL
Search for the "frugal gardner" on YouTube he's up there in Illinois and has an amazing garden if ya didn't already know! Plenty of ideas of things you could grow and even feed to your tort.

I'll be sure to look him up!