New growth or something serious

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I don't know what about that is concerning you??? The white squiggly lines? Perfectly normal. The yellow between the scutes??? Perfectly normal dirty new growth.

Ben02

Brighton, Southcoast, UK
Well that's a good sign I guess, the pinkish colour on one of the plastron lines is giving me a fright at the moment

IMG_0513.JPG

Ben02

Brighton, Southcoast, UK
I soak daily in the morning, but this was taken this evening. Her daily travelling route in her enclosure does include going in her water bowl. It seems to stay and she recently had a growth spurt

Cheryl Hills

5 Year Member
Youngstown, Ohio
It does not look like an infection. That would be blotchy red spots. Looks like what my torts get after soaking. I don’t think it is anything but keep an eye out for if it gets worst or darker red.

Ben02

Brighton, Southcoast, UK
Hi again, booked a vet visit as there are darker areas in the pink. If it is something serious I hope we've caught it early.

Ben

Ben02

Brighton, Southcoast, UK
Vets went great, no infection. The vet said exactly what Yvonne mentioned in a previous thread that it's the torts insides showing through the shell. And I've noticed it is more clear when she's had a bath or eaten so maybe the amount of food and water pushes the insides closer to the shell.