New Growth - Pepperoni

lyingcat8

Location (City and/or State)
Indianapolis
Hi all -- I hope you're all doing well and staying safe during these trying times.

It's been awhile since I have posted, and if you remember, I had quite the rough time getting our little Leopard Tort set-up correctly.

We got them in October and they were about 48 grams. Fast forward to today, we've got their enclosure set-up per this website's recommendations, doing daily soaks (sometimes twice), and they seem to be steadily gaining weight, this morning they weighed in at 75g. I know it's slow going, but I'm hopeful they'll continue gaining and gaining.

Here's a photo of their new growth. They came to us with some pyramiding already, so I know they must've been started in a somewhat dry space. The new growth seems bright and even, so I think that's a good sign?

I'm still terrified of hatchling failure, but I'm grateful for each day I get to see them growing... even if it is slow!

95471318_10105132100396734_4638799111879917568_n.jpg

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city
Hi all -- I hope you're all doing well and staying safe during these trying times.

It's been awhile since I have posted, and if you remember, I had quite the rough time getting our little Leopard Tort set-up correctly.

We got them in October and they were about 48 grams. Fast forward to today, we've got their enclosure set-up per this website's recommendations, doing daily soaks (sometimes twice), and they seem to be steadily gaining weight, this morning they weighed in at 75g. I know it's slow going, but I'm hopeful they'll continue gaining and gaining.

Here's a photo of their new growth. They came to us with some pyramiding already, so I know they must've been started in a somewhat dry space. The new growth seems bright and even, so I think that's a good sign?

I'm still terrified of hatchling failure, but I'm grateful for each day I get to see them growing... even if it is slow!

View attachment 293799
Wish mine was that brave. Hes a big chicken!

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
I'm so glad they're doing well!

Torts with hatchling failure usually get stuck around 50gms. At 75gms, I think you've made it past that hurdle. Relax...you're doing great!