New Guy here

Farmer Brown

Location (City and/or State)
Bridge City, Texas
Hello and welcome!
Your redfoots look really nice! How do you keep them? And what's in the food bowl on the photo?
Thank you. They stay outside, together. They are all between 18 months and 3 years old. The plate is a teracata plate from walmart outdoor department. They also have a couple mature Russians with them. At least until i see some signs of aggression.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Thanks. I also have a baby leopard, two russians, and a yearling sulcata.
That's great! 1 sulcata is enough for me. My wife wants to get a Burmese Star. It's only been talk at the moment. I hope you stick around. Your knowledge would be helpful to new members.

Farmer Brown

Bridge City, Texas
Hello and welcome!
Your redfoots look really nice! How do you keep them? And what's in the food bowl on the photo?
Thank you. They stay outside, together. They are all between 18 months and 3 years old. The plate is a teracata plate from walmart outdoor department, with hydrated tymothy pellets, and dried meal workms. Also, some tortoise pellets from PETCO (just trying those out). They also have a couple mature Russians with them. At least until i see some signs of aggression.

Farmer Brown

Bridge City, Texas
That's great! 1 sulcata is enough for me. My wife wants to get a Burmese Star. It's only been talk at the moment. I hope you stick around. Your knowledge would be helpful to new members.
I learn as much as i share. So I am looking forward to being here. Also, looking to expanding my "Ranch". Just dont know which direction I'm going next.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I learn as much as i share. So I am looking forward to being here. Also, looking to expanding my "Ranch". Just dont know which direction I'm going next.
How many sulcata's do you have?
What about raising some Aldabras or Galapagos?

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I have a 5 y/o male, a 3 y/o female and a 1 y/o unknown. And if I can get my hands on some more land, I would love an Aldabra or two.
I have a vacant peice of property next to me. Been trying to buy it for 15yrs. Owner won't even give me a price. I would have purchased a Aldabra but now that my sully is almost 100lbs. Also my health deteriorating, I am glad I didn't get a Aldabra.

Alex and the Redfoot

Platinum Tortoise Club
Cyprus
Thank you. They stay outside, together. They are all between 18 months and 3 years old. The plate is a teracata plate from walmart outdoor department, with hydrated tymothy pellets, and dried meal workms. Also, some tortoise pellets from PETCO (just trying those out). They also have a couple mature Russians with them. At least until i see some signs of aggression.
Thanks!

If you have space it's better to keep Russians (each one) in separate pens, as they are known to be pretty aggressive. It can be too late when they start to fight - injuries can be really serious.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I think they wondered what the food was, not the dish itself. Are you feeding Mazuri and Zoo Med?