New guy

Location (City and/or State)
Wilkes Barre PA
Hey everyone.
I'm Jason I'm from Wilkes barre PA(northeast). I'm 32 and a full time dad to my 10 yo son Jay Jr. I work as a paramedic firefighter. I have always loved turtles and tortoises. I currently own a 1 year old RES named Betty and just two days ago adopted a 2 yo Russian tort from a couple who couldn't take her with then as they moved. Well Betty is pretty much like most other Res . She pretty much would rather be left alone. And Peanut my Russian is a outgoing little one. She loves to explore everything. She used to live in a 25 gallon plastic bin. So my son and I built her a 6 foot by 3 foot tort box. She seems like she's in heaven. Betty the RES subsides in a 150 gallon tank. She's another one who came from a small tank. But anyhow.. I joined to meet like minded people. So feel free to drop me a line. Take care everyone.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Hello Jason and also Jay Jr!!! Welcome to the forum.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello Jason welcome to the TFO from AZ . Do we get to see what they look like ?

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum

Wilkes Barre PA
Thank you everyone for the warm greeting. But I have to make a correction. Only having peanut for 3 days I'm still learning and I took the prior owners word for it. I'm pretty sure after doing some reading that my peanut it actually a peter!!

russian/sulcata/tortoise

5 Year Member
Northern California, bay area
Thank you everyone for the warm greeting. But I have to make a correction. Only having peanut for 3 days I'm still learning and I took the prior owners word for it. I'm pretty sure after doing some reading that my peanut it actually a peter!!
If you have any question on the gender of the tortoise just post a picture of his/hers tail.