1. Welcome! Are you interested in tortoises? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our community is the #1 place for tortoise keepers to talk online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your tortoise and enclosure, and discuss any tortoise topic with other tortoise keepers. Get started today!

New hatchling Forsten's tortoise!

Discussion in 'Elongated and Forsten's tortoises' started by chelonologist, Apr 29, 2014.

Help Support Tortoise Forums by donating:

1. chelonologist

chelonologist Active Member 10 Year Member!

Location (City and/or State):
    Redlands, California
    I'm very excited about the new addition to my family - a hatchling Forsten's tortoise from ATC! I'm especially impressed with the size of this hatchling - his carapace length is around 65 mm.. Suwalesi_tortoise-01.jpg
    Tim/Robin likes this.
  2. bouaboua

bouaboua Well-Known Member 5 Year Member Platinum Tortoise Club Tortoise Club

San Jose CA
    (These ads do not appear for registered members.)
    Pretty little one. You care to share his/her enclosure? I have no idea how to set-up for one. Thanks.
  3. chelonologist

chelonologist Active Member 10 Year Member!

Redlands, California
    I'm keeping this guy in a 48" wide x 24" deep x 12" tall Boaphile snake cage that I converted to an indoor tortoise enclosure. The substrate is moist coconut coir, and I've installed a UV A/B light inside. It stays very moist in this enclosure. I have another one I use for my baby red-footed tortoises and they love it.