New here. Another turtle/tortoise o'phile in SoCal.

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Welcome,Michael.Do you already have a tortoise/tortoises ? If so, it would be great to see photos, and have some information about them.
Angie (UK)

Turtle Herder

Location (City and/or State)
Down by the River, CA
Welcome,Michael.Do you already have a tortoise/tortoises ? If so, it would be great to see photos, and have some information about them.
Angie (UK)
I do. I have 3 (2.1) adult South African leopard tortoises, two unsexed hatchlings (my first babies, recently hatched from my first clutch), 1.0 radiated and 0.1 desert tortoise. I also have 4 more clutches of S.A. leopards (38 eggs total) currently cooking.

AmandaF

Congresbury
Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Michael. I just found out about this forum. What a great resource! Catch me in the archives reading and learning...
Welcome, there are many knowledgeable people here, they have helped me out. Amanda & Ernie the tortoise 🐢

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I do. I have 3 (2.1) adult South African leopard tortoises, two unsexed hatchlings (my first babies, recently hatched from my first clutch), 1.0 radiated and 0.1 desert tortoise. I also have 4 more clutches of S.A. leopards (38 eggs total) currently cooking.
That is quite a collection already! Hello and welcome.

Turtle Herder

Down by the River, CA
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. Always nice to enter a group with pleasant reception and acceptance. Although new to the forum, like many of you already here and perhaps some of you just joining, I'm not new to studying and learaning about turtles tortoises and terrapins. I've kept tortoises at home for over 20 years, worked with wild desert tortoises and western pond turtles for over 29 years and have been observing them in the field for my entire life. (avid herper since I could walk). Certainly long enough to know that the more one knows (or thinks they know) about a subject, the more they realize how little they really know... I'm also an avid plant geek, fish freak, bird nerd, mammal dude and nature boy. Looking forward to sharing thoughts, ideas, pictures; learning a ton and hopefully making new friends.

Turtle Herder

Down by the River, CA
LOVE this. It's so true.

oh oh me, too. What types of birds?
I don't keep any birds (saw how much work that was and how messy they are when I worked at a pet store for a couple years in high school/college) but bird in the field wherever I go. Most of my birding has been in the SW US (CA and AZ, more specifically) and SE Kansas (where my family has had a farm/cattle ranch my entire life). I've also done a little birding throughout the rest of the US and a little in MX, Costa Rica, Belize, Peru, Bolivia and Puerto Rico.