New here! Meet Arlo our Hermann

Daniellewelch

Location (City and/or State)
Milton keynes
Hi there, very new to the whole tortoise thing but giving it a good go! We got Arlo off of my partners daughter who hasn't the time for him. We love him but I'm constantly worried about him and if we have the right set up for him. Please can someone help us and explain what we need more for him etc thank you Danielle 20210904_172841.jpg16311209304602512356304574361356.jpg

Cherryshell

Manassas Virginia

Daniellewelch

Milton keynes
Welcome to the forums! First I'd highly recommend reading the caresheet found here: https://www.tortoiseforum.org/threa...ise-any-temperate-species-of-tortoise.183131/

After reading that please feel free to ask questions. Just from the second picture I'd say the enclosure definitely needs to be bigger as torts need to walk to aid their digestion so the more space to move the better.
Thank you kindly! We are looking into a bigger enclosure thank you for confirming my thoughts.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Danielle and welcome to the Forum!

In my opinion, his enclosure should have more floor space and taller sides. With more floor space you would have more room for things like potted plants, sight barriers, etc. Also, I would use small particle fir bark instead of dirt.