New here! Still in research phase

ArmadilloPup

Location (City and/or State)
NE Oklahoma
Hello! I've been lurking for a bit but decided it was time to join. More and more I've become interested in having a tort and I think I'm finally going to take the first step and start working on a table for one.

One thing I do to relax is bring veggies and mealworms to the turtles at a nearby pond, although I'm more into herbivores. When I see the local reptile rescuer with his full-grown sulcata, I always have to stop to visit!

I'm going to go with something small, which can be carried outside for limited outdoor time. Still haven't decided on species. Russian seem the obvious choice, but I do have the resources for something a little more picky.

This is our pet "furry tortoise!" He can't live with other guinea pigs because of an incurable disease (he used to have a big brother), but he was doing good at his last checkup and currently has a great diagnosis! He has his own nebulizer and hasn't even needed to use it lately! He won't be spending any time with our future tort, but he may benefit from even more veggies in the house :D

fSju5w9.jpg

MPappagallo

Myrtle Beach, SC
Hello! I've been lurking for a bit but decided it was time to join. More and more I've become interested in having a tort and I think I'm finally going to take the first step and start working on a table for one.

One thing I do to relax is bring veggies and mealworms to the turtles at a nearby pond, although I'm more into herbivores. When I see the local reptile rescuer with his full-grown sulcata, I always have to stop to visit!

I'm going to go with something small, which can be carried outside for limited outdoor time. Still haven't decided on species. Russian seem the obvious choice, but I do have the resources for something a little more picky.

This is our pet "furry tortoise!" He can't live with other guinea pigs because of an incurable disease (he used to have a big brother), but he was doing good at his last checkup and currently has a great diagnosis! He has his own nebulizer and hasn't even needed to use it lately! He won't be spending any time with our future tort, but he may benefit from even more veggies in the house :D

fSju5w9.jpg
Welcome to the forum! Best of luck with choosing a new tort! I live in Myrtle Beach, SC so we are practically neighbors. LOL I see that you mentioned a local reptile rescuer with a large sulcata. I wonder if that is Randy from the Calabash area? We met him here in Myrtle Beach, and he travels all around the area. He has several large sullys, an aldabra, and a huge savannah monitor that he keeps. Such an interesting guy to talk to! Just curious if it might be the same guy. Anyway...welcome and best of luck!

Maggie T

Los Angeles

fSju5w9.jpg

How cute!

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Welcome to the forum. Great you are doing your research here. Many knowledgeable members here on all species.

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
Welcome to the forum! I used to have guinea pigs when Charlie was little. They ate a lot of the same food.