New here with concerns

Location (City and/or State)
Texas
Last time I weighed my biggest one she weighed 27lbs. She's full grown.

View attachment 199373
Hi I am new to tortoise forum and I own a leopard babcocki 4 month old purchased from s&s exotics in houston tx 6/5/2018 It weighs around 59-60 grams what is a good weight for it and what should it's gains be per month ? I'm new to leopards and am keeping a humid enclosure indoors and soaking each day 1-2 times it has only pooped four times. And this is kinda funny when it happens but it farts >< I'm worried I never thought I'd hear a tortoise fart but I did

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
There is no set parameters for weight gain. As long as he's eating and otherwise acting normal it's all good. Leopard tortoises don't grow very fast.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome. Agree with Yvonne. As long as he consistently gains weight and eats well. A tiny weight loss once in a while is quite normal as long as it's not often and it's gained back.
Follow the caresheet we have with the high humidity and closed chamber enclosure and temps no lower then 80 ever as a baby all should go well.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Hi I am new to tortoise forum and I own a leopard babcocki 4 month old purchased from s&s exotics in houston tx 6/5/2018 It weighs around 59-60 grams what is a good weight for it and what should it's gains be per month ? I'm new to leopards and am keeping a humid enclosure indoors and soaking each day 1-2 times it has only pooped four times. And this is kinda funny when it happens but it farts >< I'm worried I never thought I'd hear a tortoise fart but I did
Same here, My RF breaks wind when he soaks:eek:

Texas
I got some terra-cotta dishes and put my tortoise in it and bam poop win!!! Tom told me to switch it out and well this tortoise just wanted to have a good ol poo !!! I never thought I'd be so happy to see poop! But today I am lmao good lord just so relieved he she pooped and it looks soft and not constipated or runny ! Good news of the day for my baby leopard

Texas
No joke hahaha forget diamonds are a girls best friend in my case leopard tortoise poop is a girls best friend rofl!!!!! And thank you I have been so nervous with my little baby doing my best and reading books articles and got great advice from tom he is a angel

Texas
There is no set parameters for weight gain. As long as he's eating and otherwise acting normal it's all good. Leopard tortoises don't grow very fast.
Thank you so much Yvonne I will just keep my eyes locked on my baby the back :) and my handy weight scale

Texas
Hello and Welcome. Agree with Yvonne. As long as he consistently gains weight and eats well. A tiny weight loss once in a while is quite normal as long as it's not often and it's gained back.
Follow the caresheet we have with the high humidity and closed chamber enclosure and temps no lower then 80 ever as a baby all should go well.
Thank you!!! :)

Texas
Hi Yvonne do you have any advice for a picky eater tortoise cause today my little booger I offered him greens mixed greens with soft hay chopped fine I mean tiny chopped and grass blades and his mazzuri food . I soaked him before this and offered I think to him after it... he sniffed it and turned the head but then sniffed it again took one bite then turned away... so I didn't give up I cooked squash and pumpkin mashed it up in a gumball size blob and put it on the terra cotta dish and bam!!! He ate it every last drop!!! Picky eater I'm wondering have you ever experienced a picky eater and how did you handle it ?

daniellenc

Maryland
I’m no leopard expert but pumpkin and squash are sugary which they shouldn’t have often. I’d stick with the good foods when he’s hangry he’ll relent!