New here!

Amanda M

Location (City and/or State)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Hi everyone! My name is Amanda, and I just joined tortoise forums! I don't have a tort yet, but I am thinking about getting a Hermann's tortoise within the next few months! This is a long time dream of mine that finally may have the potential to be a reality.
A little about me: I'm 19, I live in PA, I'm currently taking some time off of college but when I go back I plan to major in Women and Gender studies. I love music and animals, and I spend a lot of my free time crocheting. I have previously owned hamsters and a bird, and I'm very excited to get more into reptiles, as they are the only kind of animal I'm not allergic to! Later in life I plan on getting various lizards, but I thought a Hermann's tortoise would be better for the situation I am currently in.
I've been creeping on this forum for a while now and I'm excited to get involved!!

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Well welcome! You are doing the right thing so you don't waste time and money . Check out the care sheets on the tortoise you like and see if it will fit in with you. They seem small but they take up a lot of room indoors . You will need a 4' by 8' enclosure . Plus heat lamps ,uvb ,and some other key stuff. Good luck and hope you love tfo.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Welcome.
Yes. Read the care sheets before you spend your good money on stuff that the pet store will want you to buy. (Like those horrible spiral light bulbs)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Amanda!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello and welcome. I also study women. I find them very difficult to understand sometimes. Admittedly, some men are a bit incomprehensible too...

Good luck with your tortoise quest. I hope we can help you find the info you need.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco

Paranub

Welcome. a baby horsefield was a perfect choice for my wife who had wanted a tort for years and years. Very small, Easy enough to look after and his table fit right in, in our living room.